Raw suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon you'll be pretty right. From memory it comes close to the factory bash plate. Here's mine with the long range tank. Kind of hard to tell from that angle, plus the camera wouldn't focus properly, but gives you an idea. You should get a ratchet spanner on there, but surely won't get a socket or breaker bar there. Ring spanner and a hammer or some leverage will be your friend.
065dca2299f81b3d1721c2d713e681bd.jpg

I jacked the car up, took the wheels off and put it on jack stands in preparation for tomorrow.

I had a quick look at the gap between the nut and the fuel tank and there’s plenty of room

I got a start on my suspension today, got the rear ones in the front shockies, having a bit of trouble getting the torsion bars to move, I’ve followed a video.

Here a pic of the rear end

Had enough today, bit sore, so I’ll leave it till next weekend and then do the torsion bars.

Very happy with kit.

I just went outside and measured from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the flare it’s 830mm, was 730mm before I started.

So I reckon the standard suspension had dropped 50mm and this kit is 50mm lift so spot on :saberfighting:

To be honest, you won't get that much out of the front without a body lift. The problem is the independent suspension is the problem with the front. You just can't get the height out of it without a diff drop kit. You don't really want any less than 10mm clearance from the upper bumpstops on the front otherwise you will lose all your down travel and will have a horrible ride.

I’ve finished the suspension today, I’ve got 750mm in the fronts bottom of rim to bottom of arch, looks awesome with 70mm droop.

The rears still sit up a bit higher but they’ll eventually drop a tad and will look fairly even.

Drives so much better. :rambo:

I think the 4wd supacentre sent me the wrong leaf springs as the rear is sitting 100mm higher than the front.

How can I tell which ones I have.

I don't know if they have part numbers on them, but how may leaves are in the pack?

Sounds like normal springs, I'm pretty sure mine have 6 leaves, they are the heavy duty ones.

Giday . I bought and fitted Raw 4x4 suspention with the H/D springs. WORSE SUSPENTION AND BACK UP EVER !!!!!!! . The spring flatterend out and shakle laying flat so no suspention left at 3000 klm. NO REPLACEMENT OR ADVISE OR HELP FROM Raw4x4. Thier anser was i recieved the required lift and thier engineers says all is good. They had fotos specs and wieghbride Dkts. All i got out of thier suspention was 15mm and that was the thickness difference in spring packs from stock.
The shocks were ok
The Torsion bars were to stiff .handled great but no give or flex.very rough but handled pot holes good. Go figure.
I put it down to not enuff wieght in the front. The equip i do have 8s
Alloy nissan bar
Navara offroad winch plate
Domin8or 12000plb winch
TjM steel bash plates
265/75/16 MT tyres.
I have put standard bars back in with Raws shocks. Rides alot better and heaps of flex.lol for IFS lol
With no help fron Raw about springs i used 2nd leaf from top from stock pack added to Raws pack as extra leaf and that gave me a spring that stood up.
I will replace the rear packs eventually with a better quality pack and the shocks just to fix my disapiontment in Raws4x4 stuff

Wow Baldy hope mine don’t go like that.

My leafs have dropped a tad and it all sits a lot better now, still got to do the wheel alignment.

Overall I’m happy with the suspension

Latest posts

Back