Stuck trying to blank off EGR pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckhere

Reaction score
So i was driving the other day and my EGR pipe decided to call it a day and broke off at the manifold.

i decided to just block the EGR but i have to block it at both ends due to the pipe breaking off.

Ive read on the forums that the manifold nuts are TIGHT and yep, thats an understatement. so i went and got a breaker bar to work some magic but its super tight and not possible to get it in.

Coming off the top of the radiator you have the hose that goes to the engine. There it attaches to some metal block type thing that has a single bolt that attaches it to the engine. i have tried un-doing that but it still does not come off.

Do i need to use some elbow grease and a hammer to work this thing off or is there an easier way to undo the bolts that im completely missing?

Cheers for any help

ive attached a photo of the part im talking about

Attachments

• 20180202_161040.jpg
    20180202_161040.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 97
I have a pole the I use on the end of my breaker bar, makes things a hell of a lot easier. I just did my exhaust last week and some one on here told to me to pick up some 6 sided sockets and they really do get a better grip!

Sorry I missed the no room part, use a bigger spanner on top of your spanner if you’ve got one, gives you that extra leverage without taking to much room. If still no luck maybe you’ll have to take that pipe off and top up your coolant afterwards.

In my short term experience I’ve learned that things are always quicker if you just remove a couple things instead of trying to workaround it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back