D22 Turbo issue under load

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npower30

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have been following for a few years getting valuable tips and trouble shooting info off many of your members

I have a 03 22 navara , never missed a beat until yesterday when I hooked the 2t caravan up and hit the road, it seems the turbo is boosting but not producing any real power just exhausting once the revs pass 1800, no obvious leaks or signs of blow out, engine runs ok no mechanical noises apart from turbo problem, wastegate moves freely once actuator rod is disconnected, gaskets look intact,
any help will be greatly appreciated regards Nathan

Have you got a boost gauge on it? The wastegate actuator may be opening too soon so it's not building enough boost.. only real way to tell is fit a boost gauge and see what boost you are getting.

i doubt its a turbo problem.

first thing unplug NPS (gearbox neutral posistion switch).
2nd, replace fuel filter.
most common thing is its fuel related. either a blockage, air being sucked in or injection pump failing.
you could get a scan tool on it to check what ICV % is at idle.

Could be the MAP sensor, turbo still makes boost but if the ecu doesn't see it, it won't add fuel.

Could be the MAP sensor, turbo still makes boost but if the ecu doesn't see it, it won't add fuel.

Second that as a possibility. Have had it happen, was particularly gutless on the highway/ freeway.

What happens if you disconnect it and take it for a spin? Notice any difference?

PS. In my instance the turbo would start to get to around 10 psi then falter. Didn't notice it much through the gears, certainly did on highway though. Slight incline that it normally would have sailed over, had to go back to 4th and still strggled. Ended up the sensor wasn't plugged in properly (own fault).

Latest posts

Back