Temperature Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iPom

Reaction score
Right Lads,
After running the engine on the D21 for twenty minutes I noticed that the Temp Gauge hadn't moved at all. I went and bought a new Temp Sender and ran the engine again for twenty minutes. This time the gauge moved to just past the 'C' mark. I felt the top hose of the radiator and it hot so I assume the Thermostat is working properly. Can anyone tell me if the KA24E engine runs cold or do I have a problem? I'm thinking that maybe the Temp Gauge is faulty.

iPom

The KA24E run at half gauge, hit the top of the dash and see if the gauge is sticky.

Dave.

Cheers Dave, will try the old bang the dash trick. I might even pull the dash apart and have a wee butchers at the gauge. I'll give it a few taps first though. I'm hoping to have the old girl on the road before Easter so might give the dash pull out a miss. Thanks for the heads up mate.
iPom

You dont wanna pull the whole dash out trust me. There should be a couple of screws holding the instrument panel in.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back