CHanging cv???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
How do i do it?
is there something you have to undo in the hub or is it unbolt it off the diff and just pull?
does anyone have an photo's or diagram's on how to change them?
aslo does anyone have the service manual on cd cause i can't find mine as i knew it had a diagram on there.
cheer's
Ash

haha when i saw the topic i figured someone would have mentioned me already. The manual way is a pita and takes forever. Much easier way is to undo the bolts where it attachs to the diff then undo the hub, take the circlip off. Take the bottom bolt out of the shock. Then undo the two top bolts of the upper control arm. Make sure you mark those outof round washers first tho so you know how it goes back together - will save you from having to get it re aligned. Then pull the arm up and forward and it should come off. have a jack under the lower arm so it doesnt drop and rip the break line. now you just have to tap the cv with a rubber mallet to break they seal and jiggle/manouver the cv out, youll have to turn the hub to the side and have it as low as you can, the brake line is normaly pretty tight at the angle the cv comes out. To put the new one in, repeat the process in reverse... The manual way is to pull the torsion bar out and drop the lower control arm out. Another way is to knock out the balljoint on one of the arms, but i couldnt break the seal and you then might need spare split pins.

do you have any photo's of you doing it?
ill have to get a mate to help me, it ah
do you pull the cv over the top of the tyre with the upper control arm removed?
with unbolt the axel off the diff do the diff leak oil?
what do you mean when you say turn the hub to the side?
were you just buying the cv's off ebay? if so do ya reckon they were as strong as a standard nissan one?

i dont yet but if you wait till tommorow at the earliest/sunday the latest, i can take some as i have to change my drivers side one. Its more of a 1 person job, theres not much room in there for 2 people. youll have to take the tyre off. The CV bolts to a flange on the diff, the inside of the diff isnt exposed when changing either side cv.
I went to the actual shop of the ebay guys. The normal ones they will sell you are pretty crap, same brand as repco from what icould see. you need the "genuine" nissan ones which is what i have now.

well joshy chop chop lol
im gonna change them before i put my bash plate back on,
and i also have a new plate that goes from the alloy bar to near where the old bash plate start's ill have photo's for yas

Latest posts

Back