New car for wifey?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the partner is after a new car...
She currently has a 03 kia rio and is looking at getting a 2018 rio... we have found one with only 3500 on the clock as an ex demo for 18k which is pretty good.
She is pretty set in stone about this but I'm trying to change her mind as I don't like the 1.1.4l engine especially seeing as every day she has to go about a big 2km long uphill just down the road from her house. And she also drives 60km to work and back of she takes her car...

I'm trying to steer her into the direction of a 2.0 l or 2.5.
The mazda 3 / 6 are great but a 2013 is about 20 which is alot deerer.

The other option I have found is a ford focus a 2014 with 40k for only 16.5k

Any other suggestions on car for her?
She wants something small and said she will sell it and buy something else when we get kids which I see as dumb. Should buy for thw future and don't buy sell buy sell.

Had to be Auto

Cheers

No point buying new if you're going to be racking up miles that quick. Over here your 18K will buy you a 2 year old Hyundai i30 auto with very low miles, and balance of 5 year unlimited km warranty. They're a sweet & safe little car with a very capable 1.8L engine.

Just my 2c worth but in the small car market it would be my pick.

Hard to beat a Rio and cerato for warranty. Get it a year old and might get a deal.

I just got a year old honda jazz for my mum. Grouse little car. Amazed at the cabin space for such a small car. And boot is bigger than some cars in the next size class up. Rear seats are trick as. Fold dead flat. Others dont. But can also raise the rear seat bottoms up flat against the back giving a deep footwell to roof open space. Its only a 1.5 and i dont love the idea of cvt but it is smooth as silk. Got 10 grand off a year old top spec with 16000km. All the fruit.

Hey guys, so the partner is after a new car...
She currently has a 03 kia rio and is looking at getting a 2018 rio... we have found one with only 3500 on the clock as an ex demo for 18k which is pretty good.
She is pretty set in stone about this but I'm trying to change her mind as I don't like the 1.1.4l engine especially seeing as every day she has to go about a big 2km long uphill just down the road from her house. And she also drives 60km to work and back of she takes her car...

I'm trying to steer her into the direction of a 2.0 l or 2.5.
The mazda 3 / 6 are great but a 2013 is about 20 which is alot deerer.

The other option I have found is a ford focus a 2014 with 40k for only 16.5k

Any other suggestions on car for her?
She wants something small and said she will sell it and buy something else when we get kids which I see as dumb. Should buy for thw future and don't buy sell buy sell.

Had to be Auto

Cheers

No such thing as a "demo". That's sales talk for an "overpriced used car" and that's way too dear IMO. They're advertising autos for 18.5 drive away as it is. Offer them 16 lol. Wouldn't buy a ford of any type, ever, but that might not be your preference. That's a small motor but if it will do the job and she's happy with it? A mazda /honda/ toyota are probably better cars, even if you get an older model but kia are ok afaik and it depends on price and preference.

Last edited:
^^^
ps. noticed you're from nz, so the part about "18.5 drive away" for an auto probably doesn't apply. Still, demo = used car.

Back