stock boost level on stx550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMGTZ

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm thinking of getting an ecu flash tune done and the guy wants to increase the boost.

what is the factory boost level?

will they reliably handle 2 or 3 psi more?

I am mainly chasing a bit "more" under 2500rpm. I seldom rev it very hard so increases above 3000rpm wont be relevant.

what are people experiencing with these tunes?

Recommended shops in perth?

brian

Stock I have seen 22.4psi.

Have a look at an exhaust first. Ppd do them for $500 and new hot side inter cooler pipe will also assist with low rpm power.

I would do at least both of these before you drop the coin on a tune. Also get them to turn all the egr off.

Stock I have seen 22.4psi.

Have a look at an exhaust first. Ppd do them for $500 and new hot side inter cooler pipe will also assist with low rpm power.

I would do at least both of these before you drop the coin on a tune. Also get them to turn all the egr off.

I am interested. What is PPD and what are they doing for $500?
Regards,
Tom

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting an ecu flash tune done and the guy wants to increase the boost.

what is the factory boost level?

will they reliably handle 2 or 3 psi more?

I am mainly chasing a bit "more" under 2500rpm. I seldom rev it very hard so increases above 3000rpm wont be relevant.

what are people experiencing with these tunes?

Recommended shops in perth?

brian
Hi
Im seeing high 29psi in mine.
100 000 kms all mods no tranny issues like some.
10k service intervals.
want bigger turbo.

What’s the details on you tune and mods?

I’m just about to get a tune.
Intake from AAA Fab.
Dump pipe and high flow cat, 3 inch system
HPD intercooler kit.

Be careful on who tunes your truck because 90% are slave tuners and dont write the tunes. They purchase tunes to suit and don't really know what they're doing.
What can I say. Turbo at max 17:1 AFR. A little sootish off boost but otherwise ok.
Could fatten her up a little to 16:1 afr and would see an increase in rwkw again but im not keen on the soot out back.

Id love to change turbo to one that could hold boost a little longer but this means engine out and I'm not keen on that.

Intake from AAA Fab.
Dump pipe and high flow cat, 3 inch system
HPD intercooler kit.

Be careful on who tunes your truck because 90% are slave tuners and dont write the tunes. They purchase tunes to suit and don't really know what they're doing.
What can I say. Turbo at max 17:1 AFR. A little sootish off boost but otherwise ok.
Could fatten her up a little to 16:1 afr and would see an increase in rwkw again but im not keen on the soot out back.

Id love to change turbo to one that could hold boost a little longer but this means engine out and I'm not keen on that.

This bloke tunes it him self on the dyno.

What kw are running.

This bloke tunes it him self on the dyno.

What kw are running.
189rwkw
REMEMBER THAT THESE DIESELS RUN VARIABLE VANE TURBOS.
AS LONG AS YOU GET A GOOD INCREASE IN DRIVABILITY YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY.
BUT THIS IS WHERE THE TUNER COMES INTO PLAY.
TORQUE LIMITERS
INJECTOR TIMING
RAIL PRESSURE
SMOKE MAPS
DRIVERS WISH
BOOST PRESSURE
EGR OFF
DPF OFF (ON SOME VEHICLES)

IVE HAD MORE RWKW WHEN WE FATTENED HER UP ON DYNO TO SEE OUTCOME BUT COULDN'T ADD MORE AIR AS TURBO AT LIMIT.
THESE TURBO'S ARE VARIABLE VANE AND HAVE NO WASTE GATE. THE EGR ACTS AS A WASTE GATE SO IF YOU TURN THE EGR OFF IN TUNE YOU WILL GET COMPRESSOR SURGE UNDER LOAD AT LOW RPM.

I thought the veins controlled max boost like all vnt turbos. The veins open further prevent the controlling the turbos max speed.

I have had the 3 inch exhaust and retune, made a huge difference. Last week I installed a catch can and a new intercooler. Didn't see too much difference, but suspect I will see a lot more low rpm torque when towing.
ECWest did the tune.

Can anyone confirm for definite that the V9X makes around 22 psi peak boost in factory tune?

I am wanting to check mine using torque Pro but can't find any info on the stock numbers, so I'm none the wiser until I have them.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back