Relacing zd injector pump looking for a second opinion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel filler

Attachments

• 20180723_135337.jpg
    20180723_135337.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 69
Yessss pumps ready for pick up... The big day is " a coming", Damn nervous and anxious let me tell you...

Hopfully that gear hasn't sliped ' cause i cant be bothered doing the oil pump/ gear cover now ! That's how i feel at the moment lol

Wednesday Thursday "we" may have photo's of the gear cover coming off !

First things first, clean and remove old gasket from housing.

Attachments

• 20180810_105745.jpg
    20180810_105745.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 60
Paper towel wet with spray grease is great for trapping the rubbish from going places it shouldn't! Use a few layers......

I did have some progress on the ute, but i keep getting dragged away... A few hours here and there!
I managed to align the idler gear, got the pump in and the gear onto the pump.. I hope it's right?
I have been trying to upload photos but can't!

Paper towel wet with a spray grease is great for trapping the rubbish from going places it shouldn't! Use a few layers!

SORRY STILL NO LUCK WITH LOADING PIC'S!
Trying again, is it my service or tablet that's the issue?

Last edited:
Haha i have a, "guess a part" or more the- where does "this go" game to play ... wiring loom bracket and it's got me tossed....
Got pump in and hard lines plumbed, egr back in and now blocked off there also lol! It was either gasket and wait or 1.5mm S.S and in..... $5 of 1.5 S.S ..new water hoses to unit, came in a hose kit- why, because they are an absolute China man's hand to get to and the thought of being on the side of the road and doing them "well you know where im going" !
I really wish i had someone to film and narrate, it's hard stopping mid flight to take photos etc don't fret i have them just soooo sloooowwww uploading or downloading or what ever it does..
Did'nt go the front oil/gear cover, "as much as i wanted to just for the oil pump " thought I'd save that for a block rebuild- seemed like a waste of gaskets and my time . I really want to build a zd now lol a little bit of this a little that lol... With 300000 on her and pressed for time i think it was the best move for now.
Timing chain covers back on, radiator fan belt etc all in.
Managed to lightly maneuver the idler gear to align and re tighten locking bolt- i cant see how it's done with just the ol' drill bit?
Aligned the cc and c, pump gear in. Not as tricky as i was thinking it was going to be!
What i did then was install the old timing chain and gears and budda bing all aligned.. old gear off new on, timing marks all good - yellow where yellow should be and the 2 blue links on the cam gear where they should be..
Photos to come, i think..

Yes mate , I only have mobile wifi and thats the problem at the moment! Sooo slow.. don't worry i wont give up lol....

She is all back together, just waiting on a pick up pump and some fittings so i can prime the fuel and kick her in the guts😉

I have done an absolute shiteload of work on her and have plenty of pictures, shame i didn't have someone to shoot/film the work - i wanted aussie man to narrate it lol...

Next is the pump install, remember to replace the gasket and also the three special washers for the pump blots !
Once the pumps in and torqued down next is the pump gear install, double checked and checked agian lol the cc and c alignment! But all went well "so far"- lowered the pump gear down onto the idler gear and moved it back onto the pump shaft easily!

Attachments

• 20180811_123050.jpg
    20180811_123050.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 41
What i did next was install all the old timing chain, sprockets AND guides to check alignment with marks i had made with the paint pen- all good!
So off with all the old and on with the new chain etc etc etc.

The yellow mark on the chain to the dot on the lower sprocket , all good..

Attachments

• 20180811_123006.jpg
    20180811_123006.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 43
The two darker blue metal chain links aligned with the two dots on the cam sooo all should be good there!

I replaced all the bolts since it's her 3rd time they have been torqued down, better safe than sorry eh

Attachments

• 20180811_122948.jpg
    20180811_122948.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 38
Sorry, i had "i thought" photos of the cover plate cleaning and application of sealant but noooo.
All i got is this lol - idler gear locking bolt plug replacement.. i also forgot to mention that you take the locking bolt out after the injector pump gear and lower cam sprocket have been installed..

Attachments

• 20180811_123304.jpg
    20180811_123304.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 48
Next was the injector lines, now they do say to replace them "if you follow the nissan stealer guild book" and i did forget to order new ones sooo the old ones went back on! The seats where fine on both ends of the lines, a good clean and a blow out with carby cleaner and new seals.
A large blade screw driver moved from one side of the seal to the other whilst being lightly tapped with a hammer will remove the old ones .

Be careful of the seal springs on removal of the old seals!

Attachments

• 20180810_165032.jpg
    20180810_165032.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 43
I wet the new ones with a small amount of oil then pushed them in the head..

Attachments

• 20180810_165215.jpg
    20180810_165215.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back