EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all new member here. I've just read through this thread after speaking with a mechanic who advised i cannot block off the driver side EGR on a Spanish built D40. Build date is Jan 2014 and VIN starts with VSK.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction. Can this be done. He said id have to get the ECU remapped instead?

... after speaking with a mechanic who advised i cannot block off the driver side EGR on a Spanish built D40.

What's his reasoning for this? Has he done this before and encountered major issues?
I've done both sides of my egr from brand new ( three numbers on the odometer) as well as catch can without problem

Mate it was the gent from from Yd2.5.com.au. I called him about the egr bypass pipe and he said no can do. Said Gotta get ecu remapped.
My mech up here in NQ suggested the egr bypass so that’s why I called him. I’ve bought a blanking plate. Will it be ok if I just blank off the drivers side manifold?

The actual answer is "yes AND no".

Yes you can block it, but you'll end up getting a engine fault light. You need to drill a 6-8mm hole in the middle of the blanking plate, which sorta defeats the purpose.

There are TWO ways around it.

1) As already suggested to you, have the EGR routines removed from the ECU

2) Fool the ECU into thinking the engine isn't ready for EGR.

This last one is a new one that's only recently been raised on this forum. The idea is based around the ECU requiring a certain temperature at the intake manifold before it will open the EGR valve, and below this temperature the ECU will not command the EGR to open. So, you put a specific resistor in the return line from the intake manifold's temperature sensor to reduce the voltage (and hence what the ECU interprets as the temperature). I don't yet know if this trick works, but it seems very plausible.

Yeah so far so good. Between the left and right side I couldn’t see any sensor or electronic plugs. If it’s gonna go it’ll go when the Mrs is driving it north from Townsville next week on her own

Load an 8mm drill btit and a cordless drill under the seat, as well as a 12mm spanner. That way you can talk her through the mod needed to get the car going again.

Tms40 - Did you end up with any issues with your EGR blank?

I’ve got a 2014 also and I blanked the driver’s side. Only used the original gasket on 1 side and didn’t use any sealant but it seems to be ok and I’ve had no issues with it.

I have an 07 D40 YD25 and have had a EGR blanking plate for years. No issues. A friend has same car but with a replacement engine. Blanking Plate on it causing engine light. I presume the engine has an EGR sensor where mine does not. Is the only solution to drill a hole in the plate and let some gas through?

Latest posts

Back