Wheel alignment & steering wear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulga

Reaction score
It seems every 40K I have been needing to get a wheel alignment (heavy wear of the inside camber) and the slop taken out of the steering box (10 - 15 degrees play in the steering wheel).

Is this something all D22's suffer from or am I just lucky?

I couldn't get the alignment correct until I changed the drag link. You may want to check out your drag link, it may be the cause of the problem you described.

I couldn't get the alignment correct until I changed the drag link. You may want to check out your drag link, it may be the cause of the problem you described.
How do you tell if your drag link is worn? I have had multiple wheel allignments done by various places and they say its always been pretty good but i am still getting un even wear in on tires and car wandering on the road! Would my draglink be the issue? Any help would be appreciated cheers

The caster on these (D22's) is pretty aggressive - it has had a very big influence on wheel alignments for both the D22's I've owned.

I'm thinking that Nissan designed the car for smaller tyres, like the early models have on them & then upped the tyre/wheel size on later models, without adjusting the caster?

For me, the problem is compounded by towing heavy loads every day, as the front of the car lifts when weight goes on the tow ball, causing the front independent suspension to change the "toe in"

It destroys tyres prematurely!

Just a thought, but if your car is wandering on the road, check that your hubs aren't in the "Lock" position.

Back