2011 D22 - Baby Capsule Anchor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyjoe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a D22 Navara 2.5 jobby.

I now am a dad to Oliver my 4 month old son.

I would like to get a baby capsule for the Navara. I am led to believe I would need a anchor point installed in it. Is there somewhere in the Eastern region of Melbourne where I could get this done?

Cheers

Richard

I thought the 2.5 D22 navs had at least 1 anchor point behind the back sest mate. Worth a double check.

I remember reading yesrs back retro fitting a child restraint is very expensive. As they want to replace the rear window. Apparently it can pop out if force applied to the rear cab wall.

I personally think the regs around child restraints are overboard. Id be looking at making something work using the existing seat belt mounting bolts in the rear cab floor. Or making a plate with holes to spread the load over a wider area to bolt through the back of the cab. Obviously do it so its safe and strong. Its your kid.

I've had 2 x series 5's & there were no anchor points for child restraints in either of them. Both of mine were Thai build.

2011 suggests maybe Jap build? (a black sports bar on the tub is the most obvious sign that it's Jap built) So definitely worth looking to see if there's one there already.

Good luck!

The 2011 is a Thai built and does not have any anchor points in it at all.
You have to get them professionally installed.
If you head over to the D22 section and do a search for anchor points, there are a couple of threads that will point you in the right direction.

Back