Fitting 31" Tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
So im sure people get sick of seeing the same things get posted...or PM'd..
So in this thread post up what you did to fit 31" tyres. As much info as possible.

Eg.
I fit 31x10.5x15 on neg 22 offset rims with a 2" suspension lift (torsion bars and extended shackles). Removed the front mudflap. Minor scrubbing at full lock on full flex.

If you had a different experience or width/rim offset/lift then post it up!

Chit chat to a minimum please.

For some reason this thread doesn't seem to be very popular.......why not?!?

Could anyone tell me if I'll be able to fit a 31x10.50R15 tyre on my D22 using a 15"x8" (+6mm offset, 4-3/4" back spacing) wheel with no suspension mods (i.e. with no rubbing)? I'm hoping the "+" offset possibly lets me get away with it!?!?

For some reason this thread doesn't seem to be very popular.......why not?!?

Could anyone tell me if I'll be able to fit a 31x10.50R15 tyre on my D22 using a 15"x8" (+6mm offset, 4-3/4" back spacing) wheel with no suspension mods (i.e. with no rubbing)? I'm hoping the "+" offset possibly lets me get away with it!?!?

It's not very popular because a large portion of the forum users drive the STR model, which come with 31" tyres standard. And most are looking for larger wheels for more clearance, etc.

As for if they'll fit.... Maybe. 15" rims won leave a lot of clearance for the brake caliper on the front. I'd try for a test fit before you lay down any money on the rims.

31x10.5 R15 on stock hight d22.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

It does scrub a little bit up front on full lock, thats with rancho rs5000 and no torsion wound up.

Have not got a clue what the off-set is sorry!?

I've put 31x10.5 tyres on my singlecab D22, standard suspension and they fit all right. it does scrub on full lock but only just. after a bit of a lift it will be all good. The rims i got are apparently off of a cruiser. check out my photos if you want a look.

Your stock rims with good tyres will peform as well as the big shit without the lack of power and poor fuel economy but i guess it looks tough and if that's what matters and you have the time and money enjoy

Got wider tyres for beach driving, stock rims on the dx models are 6'' wide which didnt suit. Havent noticed any lose in power either.

yeah 31" tires on 16" rims are stock standard on some years. others came fitted with ~30".
pre 2008 should be 7" wide rims, later single cabs came with 6" rims (not sure with double cabs).

Your stock rims with good tyres will peform as well as the big shit without the lack of power and poor fuel economy but i guess it looks tough and if that's what matters and you have the time and money enjoy

That may be the case ON road BUT definitely NOT the case OFF road.
Bigger tyres are not only for looks, does CLEARANCE ring a bell?? what about the ability to have the tyre "BAG" out more?? what about "RAMP OVER", Approach and Departure angles ??

Off road bigger tyres are better in 90% of cases and in the other 10% it dosent matter if you have big tyres or small.

Your spot on nathan i look at economy yes wider is better funny how the rangers on fraser and moreton run cheese cutters but the rest of the truck has 20k of add ons i guess when i made that comment i was thinking of the difference it made 20yrs ago when i took 33's off my d21 and went back to stock it went better now i go anyplace without a problem on stock rims it's all in the way you drive but yes bigger the better if you are serious.

Your spot on nathan i look at economy yes wider is better funny how the rangers on fraser and moreton run cheese cutters but the rest of the truck has 20k of add ons i guess when i made that comment i was thinking of the difference it made 20yrs ago when i took 33's off my d21 and went back to stock it went better now i go anyplace without a problem on stock rims it's all in the way you drive but yes bigger the better if you are serious.

I cant remember the guys name but, he is the Aussie that does all the desert Type races including the DAKAR he also runs a skinnier tyres on the sand.
I missed the reason behind it.

Im not ONLY saying wider, more TALLER like the old army landrover's run 255/95 and im pretty sure the new landcuiser utes run 255/95 = 33" which toyota call there "SAND" tyre (may explain why the gov owned utes run skinnies)

have a look here

http://www.pomtco.com/automotive/Land-Cruiser-Pickup-Petrol.php

look half way down the page at they tyre specs.

Hello again...me and my stupid questions...My d22 is 2003 year and 255/70r16 stock...ok i will buy bf at 265/75r16...

I did remove mudflaps....standarts +40 offset...i want to overflow little bit with a new rim...for example this link says 16x8.0 INCH 6X139'7 ET-25 is -25 offset too much or good?Be a problem with stock height???thanks again...

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/yede...43707571/detay

Hello again...me and my stupid questions...My d22 is 2003 year and 255/70r16 stock...ok i will buy bf at 265/75r16...

I did remove mudflaps....standarts +40 offset...i want to overflow little bit with a new rim...for example this link says 16x8.0 INCH 6X139'7 ET-25 is -25 offset too much or good?Be a problem with stock height???thanks again...

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/yede...43707571/detay

You did double post fella, you should be ok your tyre size is nothing large. Ajust your front a few mm higher if need be, if the flaps are off it should be ok with the 32'.

Latest posts

Back