Chris's OTHER D21 Thingo - It's a TERRANO (That's the Navara Wagon)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I remember...

Hey, Christian....
Re: " the D22s been of the road for about 6 months and ive been ignoring her."

I remember what took her off the road... I have the video...
You were very brave, your D22 tried very hard and now you have to pick up the tab for all of those (driver-inflicted) repairs.

While we were all cringing a little every time the D22 bounced "into something", or "off something" or "over something", it was a helluva day!
Thanks for helping winch me off that rock.

I always have time for you, my friend (and "knower-of-things-Nissan").

Next jobs on the Terrano -
  1. New rear disk rotors (with built-in handbrake drums).
  2. New rear disk pads.
  3. New rear handbrake shoes.
  4. BIG Ironman HID Spotties for up-front.
  5. HID kit for the headlights.
  6. Water storage for a trip I am (sort-of) preparing for.
  7. Patrol fuel tank swap (so I can carry MORE fuel without cans).
  8. - and about a BILLION other things... :confused3:

Never forget - YOU got me into all of this.

For that, I thank you!

:redcool::redcool::redcool:

WAS: Broken brakes. NOW:Brilliant brakes!

I pulled the rear wheels off, and removed the calipers, rotors and shoes.
CWOLF provided me with a VERY serviceable set of handbrake shoes (Nissan no longer sell them and no-one seems to have any - originals or clones) - Thanks Craig.

It looked like this:

Before3.JPG

The rear disk pads looked like they had been contaminated. They had certainly seen better days (and I'm glad they are not in there any more) -

Contaminated_pads.JPG

New rotors (the drums are built-in) and pads. SWEET!

After2.JPG

Just need to adjust the handbrake and stick the wheels back on.

PROGRESS!!!!

:rock:

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I have a 1990 terrano 2door 2.7 td wagon and the fan has a cracked blade that i'd like to replace asap. Do you know if the normal navarra d21 blades with a 143 mm bolt separation would fit?
Cheers, Dave23

Hi Chris,
I have a 1990 terrano 2door 2.7 td wagon and the fan has a cracked blade that i'd like to replace asap. Do you know if the normal navarra d21 blades with a 143 mm bolt separation would fit?
Cheers, Dave23

Hi Dave,
They crack a lot... Let me guess - between the blades, front-to-back, along about 3/4 of the depth?

With all the usual "I don't work for Nissan and don't know everything or, even much..."

The primary external differences between the TD27 in a D21 Navara and the TD27 in a Terrano (in my experience) is the tacho sensor.
On the Navara it comes off the front timing cover and the Terrano comes of (I believe) the back of the mechanical injector pump.

As for the water pump - I have swapped a few of these over (in both directions, over time) and have never needed to bring the fan with the pump - I believe they are the same.

The only risk is that your's happens to have a water pump that Nissan sourced in Russia or something:stupido3: (Nissan are buggers for using whatever they can get), but the odds are in your favor.

I hope that helps a bit...

Last edited:
Ok - i sold out....

Hey,
When I moved from Ute (Navara) to Wagon (Terrano), I got a lot of what I was looking for. But not quite all...
So - I bought a GU Patrol and I think I'm going to stay with this.

The timing of this move was because of a significant <<<BANG>>> from underneath the Terrano.

The manual gearbox broke. Broke enough to dump all of its oil.

If anyone has a manual TD27 D21 Navara or TD27T Terrano and they want all of the upgrades in one registered package, let me know.

All it needs is a gearbox.

Alternatively, if you have a D21 manual gearbox for a TD27 motor that you want to sell, let me know what you want for it.

As the French might say - C'est La Vie

Hey,
When I moved from Ute (Navara) to Wagon (Terrano), I got a lot of what I was looking for. But not quite all...
So - I bought a GU Patrol and I think I'm going to stay with this.

The timing of this move was because of a significant <<<BANG>>> from underneath the Terrano.

The manual gearbox broke. Broke enough to dump all of its oil.

Sorry to hear another 71C gone to God, have you done the autopsy yet?

Is the GU a wagon or ute?

My new build is happening finally, I'm at the waiting on parts stage :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back