ABS Sensor 2011 Navara D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camk

Reaction score
Gday,

Had my d22 serviced at nissan, reported a broken abs sensor and they quoted me $555 fitted!!!
Called up 4x4 Nissan wreckers and can get one for $75. The guy there reckons it would only take a couple of mins to fit.

Can anyone help me with some detailed instructions on how to fit the Rear LHS ABS sensor to a 2011 D22?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

because it was caused by me going off road. i wasnt going to fight, because i missed the 20000kms service and just got the 30000kms service done. Technically ive voided my warranty by not having it serviced on time.

Thats rubbish about missing a service.
Up till the first 3 years has expired, as long as you get the car serviced even from a local mechanic, you are still covered by a 3 factory warranty.
As to the ABS sensor, just fit it yourself, just take note how the old one comes out.

Yes I had a sensor replaced on Saturday under warranty, Rear Drivers side ($ 355 for part thank god for warranty).
Bad news the other side rear has gone on strike and this part will come from Japan ( coast $555 thank god for warranty AGAIN).
What Cheeses me off is these have had no damage other than pooping themselves on there own time.
Is this a common problem?
At least I don;t have to pay for it.
Although it takes 6/8 weeks to get the part in.
Paulyb

Got one of my drivers to pickup part from Brooklyn.
Had a crack at installing the sensor, quite easy but got too dark outside. Got to loosen u bolts on leaf springs to remove old sensor.
Will hopefully be done after work tomorrow,looking forward to having it all working again.

i have replaced mine aswell, I have now cable tied mine to the brake lines as they are closer to the diff housing and less chance of getting torn off.

Gday,

Had my d22 serviced at nissan, reported a broken abs sensor and they quoted me $555 fitted!!!
Called up 4x4 Nissan wreckers and can get one for $75. The guy there reckons it would only take a couple of mins to fit.

Can anyone help me with some detailed instructions on how to fit the Rear LHS ABS sensor to a 2011 D22?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey mate same thing happen to me first weekend i went shooting in my d22 flung up a stick and teared it out, there should be a light on your dash to tell you that the abs wasnt working. I bought a new one from werribee nissan for $119.00 and put it in myself. I tried to claim for warranty but the bloke said its not a hardcore 4x4, so i turned around to him and said so why is that sticker on the side of the ute then.....

I've had my abs dash light on now for a couple of weeks and when I brake hard the tyres lock up. Had a mate scan the ecu and said the left rear sensor was open which means it has blown. When I pulled the sensor out there was diff oil all over it, nissan said when the diff seal goes it wets the abs sensor and it fails. Got quoted $460 for the sensor only and I asked about warranty cause I only have 74,000 km up. They said if it's been offroad it's not covered. They may as well of called the navara a xtrail pickup. So going to pickup 2 rears from wrecker this week and replace both axle seals.

Shame to read all this, i went out over the weekend and my light went on after i dropped the ass on a large rock, so ill have a look and see what i find. i have zero ABS not sure its worth fixing at all, at least not right now.

Latest posts

Back