oem microphone with aftermarket unit(growl audio)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manubanshee

Reaction score
Hello guys, i was wondering if someone got the oem microphone to work with aftermarket stereo, oem microphone has 3 wires going out of it.

I wanted to do that same.
Aston pioneer hu came with a new one I ran it behind the pillar and onto sun visor.

Couldn't be bothered stuffing around with wires etc

Sent via smoke signals

I wanted to do that same.
Aston pioneer hu came with a new one I ran it behind the pillar and onto sun visor.

Couldn't be bothered stuffing around with wires etc

Sent via smoke signals

Well that's one option but i'm more interested in using the oem one as it had great call quality, i took off the headliner console and the microphone has 3 wires going into it, i suspect it's an active microphone as the one fitted on nissan qashqai, xtrail and few others. i was hoping someone had the wiring schematics for the wiring loom

cheers

Little update for you guys. i traced the oem microphone to the back of the unit, now all i need is a stepdown module from 12v to 5v to power the microphone and a male 2.5mm auxiliary cable to connect to the aftermarket stereo and all done, only problem is wich cable needs what :confused3:

I have the growl audio unit also, have you had any luck?? the standard microphones are crap and tim powell from growl audio can't answer my questions, did you get it working? @manubanshee

Latest posts

Back