New UHF install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine mounted. I used this set up. Works great and also installed a speaker for it.

Here is the unit. Best option, hidden and neat, as for mounting the mic, no really good place for it.

Hey mate that's the sort of setup I'm looking for, how much did you pay for it?

Cheers Justo

Had this one given to me so I fitted it to the dash.... If I had the "Stan Ash" I would have gone the hidden unit with mic' controls... They're "trick" I like'em!

Attachments

• 20150901_071656.jpg
    20150901_071656.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 20150901_071743.jpg
    20150901_071743.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
hello is u have the D22 or D40 no point posting it here as its a completely different vehicle.

I have no intentions of getting a bullbar or a nudge bar or a roo bar so my options is really limited. there are two areas on the sports bar i am thinking of putting it. i dont park it in the garage so i dont mind the height.

does anyone have a picture of their antenna on their D23 or NP300 as i want to see how itis done. the bonnet is not an option by the way due to its shape. any help would be appreciated.

hi. nice position. where did you route the cable? is there a grommet from the rear that can be used? thanks in advance.

I bought a CRYSTAL DB477D and have installed the control box under the driver seat, power is spiced to the centre console 12v jack. The remote mic wire fed from the control box under the divers seat and pops out under the dash via the centre console.

Antenna is mounted on the bull bar and fed through the passenger side fire wall, under the centre console to the drivers seat where the control box lives. Tidy set up with no wires or boxes to be seen just the remote mic fixed under the dash.

Radio Antenna

I have had a measure of 2 locations that would suit, attach it to the sports bar or a front bumpa mount. At the base of the sports bar would give me around 800mm for antenna length. The bumpa option will give me 1400mm length. This will raise the antenna to the height of the existing FM radio antenna.
The radio antenna is another problem, why would you put a radio antenna on the roof between roof rack mounts???

My NP300 is lifted and the antenna hits the top of my garage near the base of the antenna.. Ive ordered one of these universal shark fin antennas. If it may assist with your roof rack issue possibly?

Attachments

• Very-Strong-Signal-Car-Radio-Shark-Fin-Antenna-Signal-for-Honda-CRV-Fit-Nissan-TIIDA-X.jpg
    Very-Strong-Signal-Car-Radio-Shark-Fin-Antenna-Signal-for-Honda-CRV-Fit-Nissan-TIIDA-X.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 122
  • sharkfin.jpg
    sharkfin.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 120
Anyone have any photos of where they have mounted their aerials that isnt the bullbar. I dont have one so thinking the bonnet mount.

IF you have a bonnet mount or bull bar mount how/where did you run the cable through the firewall?

I found a Grommet up high on the passenger side of the Firewall. (on a D40 though) was total bastard to get to as it up behind the Air Handler for the AC.

Mine is on the P/S bullbar and works alright but if you get the Antenna above the roofline you will have much better performance.

Latest posts

Back