4 Wheel Drive noisy and vribrate when engage.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KELEVERYAN

Reaction score
Hi There!
Just collected my new NP300 VL model. I notice there was much noisy and slight vibration on the transmission when I engaged to 4 Wheel mode during off road drive.
Has anyone experience it?
Just wanted to confirm is it normal for this vehicle?
Your feed back will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello from Australia, I noted your post earlier and hoped an owner of your model may reply. Did you engage 4wd on a hard surface and attemp to turn?.

Hello from Australia, I noted your post earlier and hoped an owner of your model may reply. Did you engage 4wd on a hard surface and attemp to turn?.

Hi happy john, Thank you for your reply. I'm aware this vehicle 4wd system can't be use on hard surface so I only engage it on dirt road.

We haven't seen whether the drivetrain under the NP300 is related to a previous series or not, but the D40s would do this when their front drive shaft had problems (poor uni, loose fit, failed bearing). Even though (in the D40) the front drive shaft is turning all the time anyway, it's when the engine is pushing it that makes it tense up and start vibrating.

Easy to check - crawl underneath and give it a shake. It should be firm on both ends of the shaft.

Would it be worth asking weather it's both 4hi & 4lo this happens? How are you trying to engage into this eg- rolling at 20km/h, foot on clutch/or park selected?

Today I managed to test drove another new NP300 VL almost same (Aust specs STX).
Both vehicles on 4wd high and 4wd low had given out the same noise and vibrations during acceleration from standstill to high gear.
Notice the sound and vibration was obviously louder whenever loads apply on the 4wd transmission during hill climbing or sand dune drive.

Would it be worth asking weather it's both 4hi & 4lo this happens? How are you trying to engage into this eg- rolling at 20km/h, foot on clutch/or park selected?

HI Manning, Whenever i need to switch from 4H to 4L , I always stop my vehicle on a neutral gear before engage it.

We haven't seen whether the drivetrain under the NP300 is related to a previous series or not, but the D40s would do this when their front drive shaft had problems (poor uni, loose fit, failed bearing). Even though (in the D40) the front drive shaft is turning all the time anyway, it's when the engine is pushing it that makes it tense up and start vibrating.

Easy to check - crawl underneath and give it a shake. It should be firm on both ends of the shaft.

Thanks for sharing your experience Tony.

Latest posts

Back