Removing egr pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshade0

Reaction score
Hey all first post in the tech section.

Wanted to know if there is much to removing the egr pipe running behind the block of the zd30, I'm looking at putting a probe in the blanking plate exh side but not sure if there's a lengthy process to removing the pipe.

If there is I'll look for alternate locations, I have a spot in the front pipe after dump but it might be to far away to be accurate??.

Thanks in advance, also I have read through 25+ threads in the sticks with no insights. Have a couple of pics if that helps anyone.

Thought it would be simple,

Yes I know the legality is questionable but you can't even see the thing once the heat shield is back on and the other side I could chop and leave on.

Will attempt it once I can get the rounded bolts in the heat shield off *sigh*

Its pretty easy mate if your chasing some good blank plates hit up chopper8826 member on here he sold me some they where spot on

Is the egr flange shape on the manifold the same as on the intake? ie can I use the same blanking plate on each end?

Zd30 btw

Last edited:
what i did in mine and i think its the best overall, was to completely block at the exhaust manifold, and block on the intake manifold as well but i drilled a tiny 4mm hole so that the working egr valva will ventilate so it wont break down eventually (i cleaned everything but still since you cant get rid of 100% of the carbon anyway blanking off completely can cause issues with valve) might be too much but i am 100% i have no boost leaks( you cant really can a 4mm hole boost leak) the valve is still working not throwing any engine codes in the future and engine doesnt breath exhaust air.

I removed the whole thing, and put the boost sensor in the manifold as you described. However it did throw a code when unplugged, so i pulled the egr valve apart just leaving the little motor with the plug socket and reconnected it and just mounted it out the way.
Im sure if you studied the wiring diagram you could work out which wires to bridge in the plug and then tape it up.

I removed the whole thing, and put the boost sensor in the manifold as you described. However it did throw a code when unplugged, so i pulled the egr valve apart just leaving the little motor with the plug socket and reconnected it and just mounted it out the way.
Im sure if you studied the wiring diagram you could work out which wires to bridge in the plug and then tape it up.

Nice, i was thinking the same!

Latest posts

Back