2013 D40 Auto Wreck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjenko

Reaction score
Hi, I've written-off my 2013 D40 Auto (28000km) and I'm after some advice on getting the most for the wreck as it's not covered by insurance.

The tree impacted the front passenger side. The engine may still be ok. Below are some of the parts that i think are ok.

• Genuine Nissan central locking hardcover
• Sports bar
• Genuine tow bar
• Genuine rubber matts (unsure about salvage of passenger front)
• Neoprene set covers on from seats
• Genuine tub liner
• brand new spare tyre
• 3 rims and tyres with 28000km on them.

Any help would be great.
Cheers.

I'm not sure Mike, I guess I'm just asking advice from anyone that may have gone through the same issue. I'm waiting to here back from wreckers but I don't think they'll give me much.

I'm waiting to here from a friend who may have a storage option, if this is the case I'll be selling some of the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_6318.jpg
    IMG_6318.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_6300.jpg
    IMG_6300.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 175
Hi Rjenko,
Damn that's a pretty big hit. Glad you're ok. I've had a few mates who have done similar things but they've been insured and bought the wreck back from the insurer at salvage value (a grand or two) and usually it's to recover aftermarket parts that are easy to sell or put on their next car. Recovering money from a total loss is much harder.

You're right in that you'll probably need storage and time and access to a courier service with reasonable prices to deliver ordered parts. Nothing you've mentioned in the first post is really worth any decent money except for the hardcover. There's obvious things like the tailgate, tail lights, rear bumper and interior but to make it worthwhile you're really going to need to strip the thing and really inspect the parts for damage. Looking at driveline, suspension, braking components and of course engine or ancillaries if engine is toast. But then you still need to advertise them and people have to want them, to turn stuff over at all you'll probably end up ebay auctioning a lot of it.

So really you need to decide is it worth it? Do you have access to all the necessary resources? How much can you sell individual parts for versus getting some dollars now from a wrecker?

Sorry for posing questions back to you but it's your car and your dollars. Good luck with it.

That in a big hit and not a lot is going to be able to be retrieved without a lot of effort and tooling.
Unfortunately you might be better off accepting a wreckers offer. You will probably be up for storage fees and towing already so you would be lucky to walk away without it actually costing you more. On the bright side you sound like you are physically o.k. and it is lucky you didn't have a passenger as the outcome would be a whole lot worse.
Did the insurance refuse paying or did you not have any?

you could try advertising the parts on the Aussie 4wd D40 Navara page and Australian D40 Navara page on facebook. the young blokes on there are always breaking stuff. you just need to work out if the running gear is still all ok. anf theyre always looking for thing like gear knobs and electric window controls and stuff like that

Thanks for all you comments it's a good help. By the sound of it I might have to cop it on the chin and move on. I don't have a great deal of spare time to mess about trying to recover parts and sell them myself.

Latest posts

Back