Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mud4b

Reaction score
Hi all.
just thought i would post this up, i have a intercooler ready to go in (over the weekend) and thought i would move the airbox, ect so i can mount my duel batt as well, i ended up fitting a 80 series airbox in the front lhs guard, it is nearly a perfect fit once i made some new brackets and modded the top, ill grab pics tomorrow, The main thing is with this i noticed how restrictive the std system is, the navara is now WAY more responsive and also picks up power/ speed really well.. now all i have to do is fix the front bar and flare as i hit a skippy...

cheers mark.

Good stuff thanks for the heads up.
My mechanic suggested ages ago i change the stupid flimsy air intake lines in the nav with something bigger and better, looks like gone have to get into it now.

After doing it, i would say go for it for sure.. as said it is a massive difference in pickup.. here are the pics..

01122009001.jpg

01122009002.jpg

I also moved the fuel primer/ filter to the drivers side, its out of the way now and much neater overall.. Hence no pipes going over to the other side. Now all i need to do is fit the batt box and the intercooler.

cheers mark.

01122009.jpg

01122009003.jpg

Mark, that looks awesome.

Just a quick question, how does it line up with the factory snorkel hole in the inner guard/ (any chance of a pic)

Thinking that space could be perfect for a W/A intercooler :p

Can anyone thing of other airboxes that may be even smaller but still be able to get cheap high quality std filters for? (no K&N rubbish)

off the top of my head, i rekn the 3.0 gu airbox is smaller

wat model 80 series is the airbox out of? or are they all the same

Nice work Mark, that looks great. I think a few of the 3.0 litre guys may end up doing this.

what mods were needed on the top of the air box?

The 3" pipe needs to be added,its from a petrol and usually has a rectangle flange on there for the airflow meter. im sure diesel 80 series has the 3" though.

cheers mark

Mark, that looks awesome.

Just a quick question, how does it line up with the factory snorkel hole in the inner guard/ (any chance of a pic)

Thinking that space could be perfect for a W/A intercooler :p

Can anyone thing of other airboxes that may be even smaller but still be able to get cheap high quality std filters for? (no K&N rubbish)

It lines up perfectly with the hole, i made sure of this as im still wanting one asap.. I wanted to fit the gu 3.0 or 2.8 td airboxes but they are just too expensive. The space can easily fit a decent size wta intercooler.

cheers mark.

With the intake tube pointing directly upwards.

So, grab the airbox and roll it 90 degrees.

The issue is going to be the water draining point - without owning one or photos of one with the lid off, I don't know what the arrangement is.

why do you want to mount it like that? lack of room? might make it hard to tee up with a snorkel(cant remember if youve got one..)

Want to mount it outside the engine bay, behind the cab, so that it lines up with the snorkel I'm building.

Latest posts

Back