D21 gearbox problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoghunter

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time poster. I read a few threads but can't find an answer to my problem maybe someone here can help please.
I have a 1990 D21 TD27 ute. I can't get it to go into 2nd gear unless the revs are higher while accelerating in 1st. It only just started to happen recently.
If I'm in 4WD it will pop out of both 1st and 2nd gear randomly. I guess both problems are related. Is it safe to keep driving?
And can someone diagnose this problem from what I've explained? Thanks

sounds like your synchros are shot. Mine grinds as I change into 4th unless I double clutch or at hi revs and now 2nd gear is starting to do it. Lucky I have a spare gear box but to lazy to change it over. Probably finaly get around to do it when the current one gives in on the side of the road miles from anywhere.

Gear change is prob syncro related, but you may want to change your Gbox oil.
it will at least give you a chance to see if there is metal filing's in the oil, then you know your in trouble.

popping out of gear, no idea. sorry.
i had read somewhere there was a bolt you could tighten...but you might want to talk to a gearbox person about that as it could be misleading internet talk.

Latest posts

Back