New tough dog steering dampers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Tough dog now have 3 steering dampers out for the d22.

A basic damper, an adjustable damper and a return to centre damper.
All at reasonable prices too.

So should i get the standard damper or the return to centre?

That's a good question I was about to ask the same, I would say an adjustable one or an RTC, more the RTC depending on how good it is on road as no doubt it will be great off road. I'll be watching.

I ran one of the tough dog big ass return to centre dampeners on both of my patrols. Once you set them up correctly they are a great edition. I'd go RTC.

Cheers

Rtc for sure. I'm running the Rancho kit atm but wouldn't mind the rtc item. Once setup right it's surely gotta stop that tracking of the front wheels etc on road and surely assist off-road

RTC it is then.

Got to pull the bash plates off when i get around to fitting the lokka so it will go on at the same time.

Oh, over time with wheel allignments does the RTC damper ever need adjusting?

This may be a silly question to some but... What does the steering dampener do?

dampens vibrations etc that come through the steering wheel. a RTC damper will also help to keep the steering wheel centred.

Hi. Just restarting an old thread. Anyone else running a steering dampner for d22?
Just after some more feedback in general if definitely worth fitting one. Cheers

So i have the standard tough dog damper.
Its ok, but i dont think it made a huge difference.

I fitted new tie rods abd drag link at the same time so the steering tightened up a bit.
Steering is never going to be as good on these trucks as a sedan type car.

Maybe the rtc damper would be better again but i think its extra strain on the power steering box.

So i have the standard tough dog damper.
Its ok, but i dont think it made a huge difference.

I fitted new tie rods abd drag link at the same time so the steering tightened up a bit.
Steering is never going to be as good on these trucks as a sedan type car.

Maybe the rtc damper would be better again but i think its extra strain on the power steering box.

Bit of a waste of time and money on a D22 really eh? more suited to Patrol or Landcruiser type of steering.

Im sure the rtc would have some bebefit.

Just depends if your happy to spend the money i spose, ur truck doesnt 'need' it but u may like it?

As i said it would make ur steering box work harder when turning away from centre (working against spring) not sure if it would cause extra wear or not?

Rtc could help on the highway on off cambered roads??? But i cant sat for sure as ive not tried one.

Latest posts

Back