Rust!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b1benno

Reaction score
Anyone else got surface rust in the tailgate hinges and at the seams on the gate itself? I'll get some snaps tomorrow.
2015 ST White with 16k on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else got surface rust in the tailgate hinges and at the seams on the gate itself? I'll get some snaps tomorrow.

61a07d362895573278de43e7f7fec04f.jpg

490113d6e1cc3279ee3599791c2a7085.jpg

bdd3d2c69668b7c201a6737a79dc0b0a.jpg
632eaa4b0f25f187a11b475d1ee26860.jpg

all you can do is clean up the dirt etc and apply some PENETROL let dry and touch up with some white car paint.
i would go sanding the hinge areas as your only going to take needed paint off. if that is a crack in first pic i would fill it with some SILAFLEX after Penetrol treated then paint touch up after. this can be a problem with plain coloured cars as the metalic coulrs do get more coats of paints. don,t be too worried just treat the areas as mentioned and keep an eye on how things go.

You could try buffing it out & re-painting with touch up paint?

(that's what the dealer did with the rust spots on my central door pillar)

keep an eye on it, my whole tub is getting resprayed under warranty next week as i found lots of small spots of surface rust when i took the tub liner out.

keep an eye on it, my whole tub is getting resprayed under warranty next week as i found lots of small spots of surface rust when i took the tub liner out.
you will get rust with the tub liner fitted as all sorts of crap gets in between the liner and tub which attracts moisture causing rust.

i knew that would be the case as well, but after 1 stradbroke trip and a few dirt roads in not quite a year and a half all there was, was about a teaspoon of sand and a thin layer of dust.

The rust was in odd places, it formed around the seams in the floor of the tub, along the adhesive strip on the track that holds the liner in,under the ally strips for the torneau on the outside of the tub and on the underside of the cover plate on the tailgate.

What have you been carrying? Fertiliser, mulch etc?

No just tools. the rust is coming through the paint, not surface rust eating down through the paint.

A painter friend who works for Penske looked over the car and he said its poor prep or the quality of the steel

Latest posts

Back