Performance Chips!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forums chuck

While I agree in part that dealers are mongrels it is in no way just Nissan and in no way all dealers, some dealers are good enough to help and some even bend over backwards, I understand your pain but even you admit to missing two services which voids the warranty at any manufacture so it's not entirely Nissan's fault just going by your description.

I hope you have better luck in the future which whatever you choose next since the Nav hasn't been your ideal car.

I'm using DTE from German, it alters injection timing, works great, and now I upgraded to DTE PDI10 which alters injection timing and fuel pressure, delivers more power but need a reset because too much smoke

performance chip

hi all, ive recently purchase an 08 d40 king cab and am in the process of modification. i was just wondering if anyone new much about the performance chip range and what they consist of. i had a mate with a 06 hilux and helped him make a chip. it was reali simple and consisted of resistors that tricked the computer into thinking it wasnt getting enough fuel.. we gaind 30% more power and saved 10ltrs per 80ltr tank of fuel.. im just not to sure on the navara set up...???

hey brightspark, i don't know much about these chips but from what i can understand they just trick the ecu into thinking there's not enough fuel going into the engine and keeps the injectors open longer, there is no why they can change the fuel pressure in both a common rail and non common rail diesel, it's just purely how long your injectors stay open that more fuel gets in, i like your idea about just putting in resistors, should work the same way the chips work..... i too would be interested in making my own chip, how did you go about making on for your mates hilux? :cheers!:

yea its a tough one to work out and im not soo keen to just go pulling things apart untill i kinda know what im looking at.. with the hilux we pulled out the chip assembaly wich looked kindof like a control board and there were plenty of wired to play with and he new the right one to just solder the resistors onto.. thing we put in three all up.. it was reali simple, itd be great if the d40s are the same... theres a good grand still in the bank...

Chip it chip

Hi all, I just picked my D40 auto up from getting a Chip-it chip, DPF delete and EGR mod done today and my first impression is , It's Amazing, as soon as I started it and dropped it into gear I could feel, hear the difference. The engine is quieter at idle, gone is that horrible flat spot just above idle, the power is smother, the throttle % required for "normal" driving is signifigantly reduced, and does it GO..?? To say I'm wrapped is an understatement, I can't wait to tow the van next week now and check the fuel economy figures.. but at the end of the day what I thought was a good vehicle has been transformed..:rock:

Hi all, I just picked my D40 auto up from getting a Chip-it chip, DPF delete and EGR mod done today and my first impression is , It's Amazing, as soon as I started it and dropped it into gear I could feel, hear the difference. The engine is quieter at idle, gone is that horrible flat spot just above idle, the power is smother, the throttle % required for "normal" driving is signifigantly reduced, and does it GO..?? To say I'm wrapped is an understatement, I can't wait to tow the van next week now and check the fuel economy figures.. but at the end of the day what I thought was a good vehicle has been transformed..:rock:

What did it all cost you????

Jazz, the whole thing was $1500 fitted, money well spent as far as I'm concerned. The trip in the van was interesting, i towed the van about 10 kph faster than I did before, the extra torque made the hills dissapear, and the fuel economy was about the same as before, maybe a fraction better.

i got a chip from tubo enginering in thomastown[ ray millar] $1600 for 2008 2.5 auto. sell it to anyone i dont know as it takes up to much space on my work bench, that where it does its best work.sent him a dyno print with and without the chip, and showed it had no diference no response from them as expected i think he also sells snake oil that cures cancer ,but i dont have it so wasnt interested. cheers warren

Last edited:
no doubt steinbauer is the best chip on the market I have only ever heard postive things about it but now we can edit the original ECU we can also improve upon this performance at a lower price

Well I installed the Tunit performance chip this week into the D40. Left it on setting 6 (out of 9).

Like the DP chip its plug and play. The Steinbauer delivers a little more power and torque BUT requires a wire to be soldered to the throttle wiring - thus is not (easily) removable before a service.

Anyway enuff waffle...

Its early days but my god what a difference it has made. Two most noticable changes are 1. much reduced turbo lag - that feeling of waiting for the Nav to get going (e.g. when you turn right out across fast moving traffic) is all but gone and 2. when the turbo starts to spool up, it has soooo much more torque. It justs pulls that much harder!!

I am impressed - best $1400 spent on the Nav yet - gee thats a big statement!

Bosshog

Boss may i ask why you went for the Tuneit chip as a matter of interest?

If it is a d40 do not get a chip put in until you at least have an exhaust.

They run very rich from factory so if you keep chucking more fuel in you may have problems sooner rather than later. I have heard of a few of these lately that have blown pistons from running chips with no other mods.

The steinbauer is a better chip as it doesn't just trick the computer into upping fuel pressure rather it modifies the signals to adjust timing and pressure.

We actually remove fuel from the Nissan fuel map on our chips for that reason.

Not many chips can sing that song. Of course, all can ADD fuel.

Cruz

I spent $1000 on a full stainless steel 3" exhaust with 10 year warranty. The system starts from the DPF. I believe it was worth the money free flowing exhaust = very smooth power delivery and a modest increase in it too.

Boss have you still got the DPF installed?

Thanks for the thumbs up Rich. It certainly makes the ride a better one. You actually love going for a drive now. I love the feeling :)

Interesting to read peoples thoughts on all the different products available...

For those of you who don't know, Diesel Smart have a module available for the Navara which plugs into the injectors and alters, Injector voltage, injector pulse width, injector timing and injector duration.... we also have controll of the boost on the d40 and d22.. also have modules available for the NON CR ZD30 engines..

they have different tunes in them designed for different situations... i.e we can make the car perform differently for when you're towing, 4x4ing or just want economy and it's all changeable by you guys..

in our power tunes, haven't found a product on the market that has matched us for power in anything we've done... a couple of our earlier youtube videos will have lower power figures as we weren't controlling boost when we first started out..

for more information send me an email [email protected] checkout our youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/SupercarPerformance or our facebook page www.facebook.com/supercarperformance

Latest posts

Back