Thai D22 2010 Dump pipe.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty Dudarko

Reaction score
Hi All, im struggling to loosen my dump pipe bolts / nuts due to bugger all room against the fire wall (Thai Built)
How do others loosen the bolts with no room for a breaker bar.Do you use any particular tools? Also, what size nuts are they? (Look 17 mm to me??)
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Matty

firsly you should soak with wd-40 / inox etc all nuts/ threads overnight if possible as this will help losen the nuts. i find the easier type of breaker bar for limited access is a length of steel pipe pushed over the socket arm or ring spanner. the top nuts should be accessable from the top and the bottm nuts from under the car. not sure on nuts size but make certain you have the perfect fit socket or ring spanner as you don,t want to round off a nut.

Matty, soak the bolts in wd40 for a few days before you give it a crack. I got Beaudesert to fit mine as it was like it was welded on. The cursing and swearing lasted hours in their workshop. They only used normal hand tools. Not sure of the bolt size.

John , its a wonder the exhaust shop didn,t use abit of oxy to help releive the nuts. as you know you only need abit of heat to expand the nut then off they come one by one.

Thanks guys for your help and quick responses. I will give it a soaking and try again give it all with a length of pipe. Might try a flexi head rachet too?Damn its limited for room at the dump.I'll let you know how i get on.
Cheers.��

word of cation, those nuts and studs are titanium and are prone to galling the threads. need good lube in there.
often the easier way is to unbolt the whole turbo off the exhaust manifold. then you can work on it on the bench.

When I did mine, I didn't have too much trouble getting the bolts and nuts undone, but if you leave the 2 studs in there, you won't get the dump pipe out without dropping the turbo. I had to undo the 3 nuts holding the turbo to the manifold and push the turbo down to get the old dump pipe off and the new one on, because I left the studs in.

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back