D22 problems advice needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggfc04

Reaction score
Hey guys, got stuck in a big water crossing (not flowing) upto my bottom sill for about an hour. after eventually getting out and back to hard ground, changed to 2h and it felt like the clutch was slipping badly.

After 2-3k's of feathering it it got better. It has since got better and doesnt slip at all in 1st-3rd and feels like it's lacking power in 4th and deffinatly 5th.

Any help with a similar problem is much appreciated!

sounds more like nps (neutral position switch). plenty threads on how to unplug it.

Was pretty dirty water so i think you could be right as its slowly getting better.

Drop it out and give it a clean you think?

You can clean the flywheel, and can probably clean up the clutch a little bit but the only way to fix it 100% would be to get the flywheel machined and replace the clutch.

I tried The NPS and it still dropped rev's in every gear so i guess thats out.. will try cleaning the flywheel over the weekend and if that doesnt fix it a new clutch is on the cards.

I tried The NPS and it still dropped rev's in every gear so i guess thats out.. will try cleaning the flywheel over the weekend and if that doesnt fix it a new clutch is on the cards.

Good luck, its a fair prick of a job to do in your driveway but hopefully that sorts it out.

Latest posts

Back