2' or 3' inch lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomHogan

Reaction score
In the market for a lift.
Im going to be getting either toughdog or dobinsons.

Just getting all your guys opinions on if i should get a 2inch or 3inch lift? 3 inch looks like it is so much more clearance then the 2. or is the 2 plenty for weekend 4wding?

haha well i dont have a wife problem.. not even a girlfriend problem so thats alright with me!

Am happy with 2 inch, If i did it again would still go 2 inch, Any higher and then the kids and wife would have trouble climbing in, I have 265 75 16 tyres as well and no rubbing issues so it does the job and looks good

yeah, i have 265 75 16 on mine at the moment and theres no rubbing. had to take off the mud guards of course. Probably will just go with the 2inch.
Also, while i have you here.
Have you done any exhaust modifications or know anyone who has?
I would like to get extractors to a 2.5 inch system.
to get a little more power and torque

Mate if your looking for more height. why not go a 2+2 combo as some of us call it. That's a 2" suspension kit + 2" bodylift kit. I have a 2" suspension EFS kit and it is great for me. Will be adding a 1" bodylift kit to it in the near future.3" suspension kits are expensive, but you will get mixed opinions on them. Some say they are good others say bad.

For me it puts the cv in a steep angle increasing risk of breaking the cv.

Rusty

yeah, i have 265 75 16 on mine at the moment and theres no rubbing. had to take off the mud guards of course. Probably will just go with the 2inch.
Also, while i have you here.
Have you done any exhaust modifications or know anyone who has?
I would like to get extractors to a 2.5 inch system.
to get a little more power and torque

Extractors don't go on turbo diesels. You are after a turbo back system. Dump pipe off the back of turbo and 3" to tip. Beau exhaust do one. Ahm Scotts Rods also do a 3" system which is all bolt on. Both companies post to your address. Have a look on ebay there are a few systems on there for good $$$$

Don,t have a bigger exhaust or i/c but they are on my wish list, Ridgy on here has a roo systems exhaust and you cant put extractors on your nav with a turbo, All you can do is put bigger exhaust with hi flow cat

It's not so much the clearance where you will benefit but downward travel with the three inch. If I had the money I reckon I'd go the 3". Do a search because I remember someone on here (maybe shonky?) having trouble with control arm bushes wearing out too quickly or something.

Cheers Brad

Sent from Brad's padded cell using Forum Runner

ahh okay. thanks rusty!
With the 3" exhaust though, would that lose too much power from being too big?
Also i see you have a chip in the nav, worth all the cash for that?

yeahh the 3 inch is a bit pricy. im setting my nav up for mostly touring and going offroad on weekends. so 2 should be okay. just getting a bit of scrape going over mounds at the moment along the diffs.

With turbos you want to reduce the back pressure So having a 3" system will allow the exhaust gases escape quicker thus allowing the turbo to spool quicker (lower rpm) - so there is a reason for rice burners to have big exhausts (apart from over compensating)

ahh okay. thanks rusty!
With the 3" exhaust though, would that lose too much power from being too big?
Also i see you have a chip in the nav, worth all the cash for that?

Na mate 3" is about as big as you want to go. If your a handyman sort of guy you will have no problems fitting the exhaust. Just use lots of crc on the bolts. If you want to keep it legal get a system with a muffler and cat converter. As for chip mine is a commonrail unit so a different motor to yours. I test drive bryce car which has the same brand chip but in your 3.0L motor and shit it went. They are only around the $800 and plug and play

I was a bit sceptical on getting a chip after not noticing any gain with doing an exhaust.

Now I have one and wow. Best mod done on my truck by far. Worth the money and then some

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

I was a bit sceptical on getting a chip after not noticing any gain with doing an exhaust.

Now I have one and wow. Best mod done on my truck by far. Worth the money and then some

Hey Bryce,
So your saying it is good to get both done??

DomHogan said:
Hey Bryce,
So your saying it is good to get both done??

My intercooler is really there to catch bits of turbo in case it explodes. But a chip will be of great help to you towing your boat

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Latest posts

Back