d22 bullbar help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav224

Reaction score
i bought a second hand steel bullbar and when the guy said it was a steel bullbar for a d22 and came off a 02 model same as mine i thought perfect buy wont be any dramas at all... well i was wrong

The problem im having is there is an even gap of about 50mm between the bullbar and body work and i just cant work out how to lift it i have done a but research and everyone has been able to drill new holes and and just lift the bullbar but seeing as this bullbar is one unit and i have photos showing if i drill new holes i still cant lift as it will hit other parts

another thing do i maybe have the wrong bullbar?

any advice on what to do with it would be great

thanks nav224

IMG_0340_zpsc8f4d2ac.jpg

IMG_0344-1_zps98b0660e.jpg

IMG_0341_zps34e979e1.jpg

IMG_0342_zps60654807.jpg

Last edited:
No I don't have a body lift forgot I left that out

I tried editing my post and must of some how deleted it :/ I dunno if I mod can get it back otherwise ill put the pics up and the description but the problem I'm having is that I have a 50mm gap between bullbar and body work but it's a one piece bullbar with put any brackets and I want to lift however it's not that simple as drilling someone holes as there is a couple of things in the way which you will be able to see once I put pics back up
The only thing I can think of is cutting the bottom and making brackets from it but how safe would that be?

This is an 02 isn't it? I think your bar is designed like that because you don't have airbags. You can probably try and mod it but I don't know how well it will work. The only other option is probably get a later model bar that suits airbags as they have a separate mounting bracket that bolts to the car first

I can't see the original post either, seems to be happening a lot with this forum lately.
It didn't show a body lift as one of the pics clearly showed the front mount.

I would re drill the mount holes either in the chassis rails or as far down on the bar as possible.
At least you will get the gap a lot closer to the grill.

yes it is an 02 model i take they dont have airbags?

problem with your suggestion tony is that i cant do that without modifying the bar in some sort way these pics will show why

IMG_0344-1_zps98b0660e.jpg

IMG_0343_zpse5b57630.jpg

IMG_0342_zps60654807.jpg

IMG_0341_zps34e979e1.jpg

I see what you mean.
You could cut away those triangle sections to get more height but seriously it would be easier finding the right bar for the ute.

I see what you mean.
You could cut away those triangle sections to get more height but seriously it would be easier finding the right bar for the ute.

Technically it is the right bar, in 2002 as far as I'm aware they didn't have airbags (easy way to check is look for airbag on the steering wheel) so they didn't need the crumple zones they have now. He can get a later model bar that will have the separate brackets but with no body lift its hard to work out why this is sitting so low...

it doesnt have any airbags that im aware, i was told this came off an 02 model d22 as well complete mystery to me as to why it sits so low

is it worth cutting it up a little and making it fit? or trying to swap it for a later year model bar?

Its up to you. Looking at it you would have to take a fair bit off it and by the looks of it the front chassis bolt won't go in after that. You'd also have to cut off that whole back section that bolts to the tow points.

Maybe that's the way they were back then. Did you see it on a car before you bought it?

nah i never saw it on a car before

yeah i see what you mean could be a bit tricky i think if anything cutting the bottom bit off the bar and making brackets would be easier but seems like it could be a bit too much of a hassle

Yeah, I'm not sure mate. Unless someone else who has got the same model gets on here and says something I dunno what else you can do...

I have recently bought a 2012 d22 new from factory with the Nissan bar and mine has this same gap, I thought maybe it was normal, had been planning to have a look at another nav with the bar to confirm.

Could you get some pics of your bull bar for me and pics of the bracket mounts?

My gap is closer to 2 inches 1 inch I could deal with lol

I have recently bought a 2012 d22 new from factory with the Nissan bar and mine has this same gap, I thought maybe it was normal, had been planning to have a look at another nav with the bar to confirm.

that's about normal. they have the gap so when the body and chassis are flexing differently to each other they don't hit. some people mount them right up tight but when they flex (as the body and chassis can move independently of each other) they will end up doing damage

Unless your handy with a grinder and welder I'd swap it for a different version - unless your happy with the gap of course. The factory bars bolt to 2 brackets which are bolted to the chassis which makes lifting it (after a body lift) easy. There appears to be no way to adjust the height of your bar. It's not a Nissan bar by the looks of it.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back