Which Bilstein Shocks do I actually Need?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got an email from them saying that the online store can sometimes stuff international postage and will most likely be $85 not $185, and they will email total price via PayPal when i let them know the items i want so i just emailed those links posted earlier

Hi,

First poster here, i got my new nav a month ago and find the stock shocks to be super harsh.

Now i'm after a set of bilsteins but unsure whether to get the 4600 vs 5100s. Both come in non lifted and lifted versions?

My truck is stock at the moment but im thinking of lifting it around 50mm down the track. Does anyone know which one I should get so i dont have to get a new set of shocks later when the time comes for the lift?

I read mixed reviews online about the ride comfort between the 4600 and 5100, Im after fairly softer ride due to my back. Can anyone please shed a light on this?

Cheers
Rob

Hey mate,
Most people on here have the 4600 series shocks I think the 5100 series is more for d40s. The bilstiens are an awesome shock but most people think they are a lot firmer than most shocks. This has its benefits for better on road handling and they handle corrugations really well. I think most people agree that for commercial shocks both koni and bilstien are the two to pick from if you have the coin. A lot of people rate tough dog but I have no experience with them. With shocks of a larger bore than bilstiens (36mm?) You may have clearance issued with the UCA and most people file a bit off so they don't contact the UCA.

Yep i have read heaps of reviews and opinions on bilsteins and they seem to be the go. so its the 4600 then i'll be looking at.

Shorty, is your truck lifted? On 4x4parts they have the 4600 for 3" lifted vehicles, just wondering if i should get these for my plan later or will they be an issue if fitted to stock truck?

Yeah I have a standard 2 inch lift with 150kg efs springs in the back and wound up torsion bars at the front. Not sure if these shocks are long enough for aftermarket UCAs, that is all I would check

Yeah i got the 3 inch 4600. Why dont you email 4x4 parts telling them what vehicle you have and what shocks they recommend for you.

Efs shocks are to short. I had them in originally. Email the company and ask. They had 2 different sizes for the 3" kit when I asked about lengths

Rusty

I just ordered a set of non lifted ones from eshocks

24-021289
24-187824

Total cost incl delivery was $506 (crap current AU$ value), but still much better than buying locally :rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back