D40 part number's, buy something. Post the part number here.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks, but Im not buying them from Nissan as they are exy... and the local bolt guy didnt have this style of nut so nylock it is then I guess, or lock tite but Im not a fan...

Having been quoted a trade price of $26 (retail $33) for the D40 oil filter I ended up at SuperCrap Auto where I brought the Ryco equivalent number Z89A for $18 retail.

Although I didn't need them for this service my SuperCrap didn't have the air cleaner in stock but did have the Ryco Fuel filter (sorry didn't get the part number) and they also have the cabin filters for the R51 Pathy in stock for $25 which although not listed as D40 parts look pretty close to D40 parts. Might check them out further at the next service.

Got 2 recovery points for the D40 (matching holes) rated to 4000kg each for $55ea from Macquarie 4x4 in Vineyard NSW. They are the type that require a shackle but they won't fail in a hurry either. They had them on the shelf.

If anyone needs the over priced ($1200 RRP I was told) genuine steering wheel for the STX without the left hand stereo controls the part number is
NI48430-4X13A Wheel Assy-Stee

Has anyone got the genuine part numbers for the D40 filters?

The oil filter is listed above somewhere but I'm interested in also getting the fuel, air and a/c numbers so I can compare genuine to a few different companies and see how they compare.

I've managed to find a couple of genuine part numbers this morning for filters.

Air filter 16546-EB300

As listed above by JustNav the Oil Filter is 15208-BN30A

I wont bother with prices because prices get out dated quickly and my prices were trade prices anyway, however my main reason for getting the genuine numbers was too use them to compare with other brands of filters and make sure the after market ones were the right ones. Both Ryco and Sakura show compatible filters for those numbers, not sure on how they compare price wise yet but given Ryco was about $10 cheaper than genuine 6 months ago I figure they will probably be about the same now.

For those interested the alternative numbers I have so far:
Saukra Air Filter A-1952
Ryco Air Filter A1598
Sakura Oil Filter C-1903
Ryco Oil Filter Z89A

I haven't got prices on these yet to see how they compare but there can't be that much in them given the prices they are selling for on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember if it's in the original thread or not but the part number for pollen filter discussed here is 27274-EA000.

Don't forget D40's need two of these so be sure to ask if quoted price is for 2 not just 1. At over $40 each I'm still hesitant that they are worth it (many believe they are so it's worth showing the part number). They are suppose to last 40K under normal conditions but since I'm not dead after 20K without them I'm guessing the Nav's lack of A/C filtration isn't that bad.

Sakura pollen filter replacement for those interested is CA-1809-S (some dealers may drop off the S)

Last edited by a moderator:
Radiator Hoses (brand Mackay)

Top hose CH4766
Bottom hose CH4771

Filters (brand Ryco)

Oil z89a
Air a1598
Fuel z711
Cabin rca1749

Belts (most brands)

Power steering 4pk815
Alt/fan/ac (serpintine belt) 7pk1275

Radiator Hoses (brand Mackay)

Top hose CH4766
Bottom hose CH4771

Filters (brand Ryco)

Oil z89a
Air a1598
Fuel z711
Cabin rca1749

Belts (most brands)

Power steering 4pk815
Alt/fan/ac (serpintine belt) 7pk1275

Be careful with the top and bottom radiator hoses. I bought both from Nizzbits and coz he's on to it he asked for my VIN as they differ between Spain and Thailand regardless of the fact it is the same YD25 Engine.

Diesel Fuel Filter for D40 Thai built ST,,,,

Nissan part number 16403 4U11A around $160 i was quoted

Ryco filter Z332 around $37

Max / Nippon Brand WZ332NM $30

Autobarn prices, and they happen to be the same Filter that fits the 3ltr Patrols

I seem to remember something about the Ryco filter while fitting the D40 does not have something the genuine filter has. I can't remember what it was or who wrote about it but I'm sure it was spoken about here.

I think it may also have been suggested that Western Filters have then for about $70 and they are identical but I could be wrong.

I do however know there has been several dealers selling OEM parts on ebay for a lot less than over the counter, you just have to find them.

Hey Krafty,

There are about 4 differant filters in the cataloge and to suit and it,s a total headache, the one i have has the sensor in the bottom that screws in, and then there,s one that just has a water drain bung in it, and the other 2 i carn,t really remember what old mate was saying they suit

A mate,s ST/X has a boat hand pump on his,, to prime the fuel with when u change the filter WTF !!!

Nice find Dave maybe u can do ur hair with it

Pup I can't remember the thread where the D40 Fuel filter was discussed but I know it wasn't specifically a filter thread. I don't remember everything that was discussed but it was discussed by someone who is banned so maybe it's all wrong I don't know for sure.

I remember reading the same thing Krafty, I think it was that with the ryco/other aftermarket fuel filters you had to re-use the sensor on the bottom off the old filter where as with the genuine filter it comes with a new sensor so all you need to do is plug it in. I bought a new genuine filter of ebay for ~$90.

Latest posts

Back