How many blocks?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Hey,
How many blocks do I need to raise me D22 02'??

There all the same size yeah??

There isnt that much involved in lifting the body, is ther??
Only want to go 2'' (50mm)

Is there a kit I can buy or is eBay my only solace??
I understand that if I buy the blocks from the bay I dont get bolts and nuts, Melbourne Bolt Co can help with that but what sizes will I need.

If anyone has got these figures written down would be a great help.

Thanks

Stuart

cal at highcountrycustoms.com has 2" body lifts including all bolts
from memory there is 14ish blocks
and was around $500
i dont think its that hard to do, not sure how many people here have body lifted there navs but ill prolly be doing it to

cheers stove

i cant remember how many blocks there are, 6 for the tub and...8 i think for the cab
i highly recomend getting a kit with instructions and bolts. the last 2 bolts for the cab are very long and not easy to get.

i cant remember how many blocks there are, 6 for the tub and...8 i think for the cab
i highly recomend getting a kit with instructions and bolts. the last 2 bolts for the cab are very long and not easy to get.

So do you rekon that Melb Bolt co would stock them?

Ive read one of your recent posts Josh and there isnt that much involved is there??

The only thing im a bit worrie about is re aligning the bar and rear step.
Should I be??

Undo the steering yolk, remover bottom rad shroud and thats about it.

Youve done it so ATM your the man in the know LOL

Thanks Man

Stuart

i tried 6 different bolt places and none had the right length/right thread. The kit i bought came with bolts but he hadnt done it for a navara before.(wasnt zordo that i mention in the previous post)
Rear bar is easy, heaps of room to redrill the holes 2 inches lower. Bullbar is a little trickeyer but theres still room to redrill the holes lower.
Steering yoke, radiator shroud and the chassis to body thing( i duno what its spose to be called), its located towards the back of the cab, in the centre, bolts to the body then goes down through a crossmember and back up to the body. i just took it out all together.

Dont forget to realign the cab/tub. do one at a time so you have something to line it up againts. mines a touch out.

Thanks Josh,

Starting my lift on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.......................

Ill post a full instructionaire on how to do it and where the bolts are and stuff.

Peace

Stuart

I just ordered my 2 inch blocks off John aka Zordo, he was very knowledgeable and helpful recommend him to anyone looking at body lifts.

Should have them and my 285/75/16's on by the weekend :)

How's the lift going? Where are the pics??

What did Zordo charge ya for the kit... I have too many intrests atm. Cant seem to cut back either haha.

Yeah getting there man, taking a lot longer than I expected with all the stuff going on ATM.
I locked myself into doing it earlier than i could. I will be posting all my stuff up once ive completed it.

Sorry guys, youl have to wait a little while. Its tough economic times and McDonalds only pays so much per week. LOL

Stuart

Body Lift Kits
ther body lift kit is $475 and there instuction's are really good cause i looked at doing it but i would have to extend gas hose's.
also with aligning the cab, in these instructions they say do 1 side at the time and leave the bolt's in the other side just loose so the cab stay aligned.

i think theres might also come with brackets to lift the bullbar and rear bar?...i remember asking them but cant remember the answer. $475 is a fair bit of coin for a body lift.

On d22 dualcab with styleside tub there are 18 blocks :victory: in total to do the job correctly
Cheers

Hey Guys hopefully getting the kit installed tomorrow with the tyres. Will post pictures next week if it all comes together nicely.

Well guys things went pretty well this weekend, we managed to get the lift installed and the tyres under. Got about 2 inchs out of my torsion bars and then the 2inch blocks on the cab (i have the C/Chas single cab).

Before the lift:

22032009020.jpg

After the Lift

29032009025.jpg

28032009024-1.jpg

I got my kit of Zordo, cost around $220 for the cab. Came with good instructions ect. Hardest part we found was extending the steering column due to our lack of vice but all worked out well. It took us about 5 hours (3 of us) to do it including drilling the bullbar ect. We needed to grind the sill behind the mud flaps about 10mm to sort out some scrubbing issues.

Just need to go get it dirty now :)

Latest posts

Back