Top mount zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jd1985

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, not sure if its been asked already?
Looking at doing a top mount intercooler on the nav but looking for a setup that mounts in the centre to suit my bonnet scoop.

Cheers

Theres a thread on here somewhere with some info that should be useful to you.

Do a search, the most relevant info was towards the end of the thread.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, not sure if its been asked already?
Looking at doing a top mount intercooler on the nav but looking for a setup that mounts in the centre to suit my bonnet scoop.

Cheers
Cross Country and a few others make one for the ZD30, alas they are not in the middle where your scoop is. You would normaly fit the scoop last to suit the cooler. Have you looked at Forefront?.

You might have a bit of trouble fitting one in the centre (probably not impossible though). Even if you have enough room under the bonnet, the inlet connection itself that goes to the manifold is in the centre from memory. Seems like a fair bit of modding to change that. I put a micro intercooler from fleabay in mine (more as a safety measure than for performance). It's coupled straight up to the original inlet pipe, but way off centre.

Last edited:
Better off with a front mount and leave the scoop on for looks. as mentioned already, it will involve modding and/or convoluted piping with many twists and turns to get it in the middle, and then sealing it properly against the scoop let alone just getting the bonnet to shut will most likely be another barrel of headaches or two.
With a frontmount all it has to do is be at the front and its done, and will actually be getting cold air .

I have heard of people doing it, but having to do a body lift to fit the cooler between the motor and bonnet...

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back