"Mag engines" for parts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boriskov

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these manufacturers/suppliers?

They seem to pop up very frequently with my searches but I'm a bit suspicious.

I'm considering ordering a piston and gasket set from them. Should I avoid?

Just an update on this for anyone else in the same situation:
I gave the VIN to two parts dealers.

Dealer 1: "You cant buy these anymore, your car is too old and isnt worth the cost anyway. Buy a new one".

The second dealer quoted me around $2500 for 4 pistons, rings and a head gasket.

Needless to say, once I know the sizes, MagEngines will be getting my money. At less than 1/5th the price, I'd say it's not worth the genuine tax.

Quality review incoming.

Thats not very good info from the first dealer, too old / buy a new one. you should have said whats a 71 model gt falcon worth these days, its an old car.
and yes the genuine prices are a joke with just about anything these days, many guys including myself will only buy genuine if theres no option, sorry i do only buy genuine oil and fuel filters thats it. i say you will be ok buying from Mag Engines.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shituation. Even telling him they used the engine in some 2007 vehicles he stuck to that story.

What's the go with aftermarket head gaskets? I've always had it drummed in to me to use OEM, but at $250 for just the HG vs. $100 for a full top end set, it's swaying me in the wrong direction.

i used to work on cars back in the 70,s and it was common practise to buy an after market gasket kit [ vrs ] and not go over to Holden or Ford for this kit, the cost what i remember was about $15 for the full VRS Gasket kit and i think the genuine kits were well over double that amount. thats was a few bucks in the 70,s. lol,

Were they using multi-layer gaskets "in the day"? If so, that's it, I'm sold. Order list is a whole load of aftermarket turd instead of overpriced turd...

Difference is I'm used to my diesels filling rooms, not engine bays. This is a tiny little bugger. I'm only planning on running about 7psi of boost, so fingers crossed for the long term.

Nissan, if you're reading this. RE: your prices? SCREW YOU

Latest posts

Back