NISSAN Throttle Control Unit 510 WTF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomski

Reaction score
hi
anybody knows if the
Adventure Kings Throttle Control Unit now $86

510 will fit it a D22 2011 STR YD25 ?
i mean the D40 basic is same Engine ?
the model 510 does all this models
is hopeless to email them if you ever get a reply
its how was our response ? ha never got one or they never get back to you
if by chance you get lucky answer is done by a 7 year kid

Thanks Guys
NISSAN Throttle Control Unit 510
Pathfinder (R51) 2005-2012 2.5L Turbo Diesel
Pathfinder (R51) 2005-2012 3.0L Turbo Diesel
Navara D40 2006-2016 2.5L Turbo Diesel
Navara D40 2006-2016 4.0L Petrol
Navara D40 2006-2016 3.0L Turbo Diesel
Navara NP300 2016+ 2.3L Turbo Diesel
Navara NP300 2016+ 2.3L Twin Turbo Diesel
Navara NP300 2016+ 2.5L Petrol

Have read about these on a few sites, they're similar to the Windbooster. Basically it's just a small circuit that takes the throttle input and magnifies that to the ECU - you press your foot 30% on the pedal and the ECU is told you've pressed it 90%.

The easiest way to achieve the same goal is just press your foot harder. You can't speed up the processing of the pedal input - about the best you can do is reduce the time between the instant your foot starts to press on the pedal and when the ECU gets a "100%" signal.

Pressing your foot faster and further on the pedal works the same and is even cheaper.

that`s what i thought it did, thanks tony, i`ll keep denting the floor boards for more go (((-;

Tom, the staff at the Supercenter have little or no product knowledge, the only difference will be the type of connection at the throttle input of the unit. If you could look at a D40 connection and if it's the same there is no reason why it should not work.

hi
thanks happy john that is what i need to find out
i know how it works
and by the way old tony try one
because my mate just had one fitted to his hilux heaps of difference
gets rid of some of that lag dont pressing the pedal when the bitch dont like it
Tom

Thankfully I'm not disappointed with my D40's performance. If I want some zoom-zoom I've got a 1500cc 6-cylinder 2-wheeled jolly maker.

I can understand the difference with a Hilux though, since they're normally tuned to drag race against truly powerful beasts made by the likes of Malvern Star and Shoprider.

It's essentially just an amplifier as Tony described, you are able to decrease the sensitivity back to factory settings if required. I haven't got one nor need it but they have been around for a while and well discussed.

Back