d22 2.5cr egr mod???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys was wondering where I could get a plate made up. I'm in Fremantle
WA. Don't have the tools to do this.

Cheers

Thats a big relief.! I hit the local trails on Saturday, the increase on torque helped for when I was lazy with gear selection. Fuel economy was the same for my last tank of fuel, but I did spend the better part of 6 hours in low range so I am looking forward to getting some highway kays in to see how it compares.

Ok I'm guessing EGR stands for something to do with the environment, please explain advantages, disadvantages!

EGR Exhaust gas recycling.
It means sooty oily exhaust gases enter and mix with your intake air.

Hi guys,
I've just bought my first D22 a 2011 model with YD25 etc. Loving it so far and am interested in doing this EGR block off mod. Do I just have to block the EGR pipe off with a plate? No vacuum hoses need to be changed?

Thanks!

Its now been 5 weeks and 3 full tanks since i did the EGR mod, so the changes arree as follows.

Immediate difference in power low down in the rev range, with fewer revs needed when taking off.

Much better response to throttle

Turbo kicking in at about 1800 rpm as opposed to 2100 rpm

much nicer feel when driving a car that does not feels sluggish and heavy

But here's the clincher, 10.25 lts per 100 ks before mod, 9.28 lts per 100 ks after.
The type of driving is still the same, with mostly short drives in a mixture of town and highway driving, with the occasional hour or so off road in 4wd. I have just had a 500km roady to Byron and back and the needle is just under half a tank and the odometer showing 523kms, so fuel consumption this tank is going to be way better. I am normally at about 430kms at this stage. Some of the improvement is probably running in as i have just clocked up 6k, so there should still be a bit left as the engine very new.

How does this stack up with everyone else under similar driving conditions? I have not towed anything yet.

One thing i have noticed is that the engine seems a little louder with a more pronounced diesel rattle. Could this be the ECU still thinking that the EGR has not been blanked and would a full reset of the EGR improve this?

I have heard of people drilling a small hole in the plate, has any one done this and why?
Thinking this is my next mod.

The small hole is so you don't trigger a engine light due to no air flow, d22's however don't have a sensor for the airflow(good on you Nissan) so no hole is required.

Can any of you guys confirm that I don't need to modify any vacuum line routing when installing the plate on my YD25?

Is the plate removed when the vehicle goes for a service, and does it affect warranty if the dealer realises the blanking plate is fitted?

Well adding the plate makes the car un-roadworthy, so basically your warranty is nulled.

2013 d22 egr blank

Hey, does anyone know if the ecu will be triggered or a check engine light will come on if I blank the egr on my 2013 2.5cr d22?
And if I only have to blank it on the drivers side?
Thanks.

Hey, does anyone know if the ecu will be triggered or a check engine light will come on if I blank the egr on my 2013 2.5cr d22?
And if I only have to blank it on the drivers side?
Thanks.

Most people have no issues with running the block off plate on 2.5 D22s. You pretty much have to suck it and see. Easily removed if you have issues. Yes drivers side is where most of the ready made plates are fitted.

I'm running my '11 2.5 with the plate there, no ecu faults.

Most people have no issues with running the block off plate on 2.5 D22s. You pretty much have to suck it and see. Easily removed if you have issues. Yes drivers side is where most of the ready made plates are fitted.

I'm running my '11 2.5 with the plate there, no ecu faults.

Thanks mate, I will do it after the 1000k service and see how it goes.
Have you noticed any benefits from blanking the egr? Less fuel consumption? Better off the mark?
Thanks

Thanks mate, I will do it after the 1000k service and see how it goes.
Have you noticed any benefits from blanking the egr? Less fuel consumption? Better off the mark?
Thanks

You don't get a massive power gain but it definitely changes the way the engine breathes. Better take offs from a stopped start and it wants to keep revving past 3000rpm. My 22 seemed like it was just choking itself above 3000rpm before the EGR mod. Less soot out the exhaust too. Definitely worth doing.

Latest posts

Back