Bluetooth - the silence is deafening!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
I know there has been quite a bit on the forums about bluetooth and connection issues but mine seems to be connecting perfectly...just cant hear anything!!..I am unable to hear anything through my car radio speakers when on Bluetooth...have followed all the instructions both for the mobile and for the car radio...radio goes to mute as it should if someone calls, people can ring me and I can answer normally, they can hear me talking but I can hear nothing, I can ring people handsfree but I can hear nothing, no dial tone and no voice when they answer, if I switch from handsfree to phone all is ok, switch back to handsfree and I hear diddly. I have shut down and restarted phone several times, I have deleted and re-installed the phone from the bluetooth on the vehicles radio three times now, all to no avail...phone is a Telstra Dave, Andriod. Previous non-smart phone worked perfectly!!

Was thinking the same... go into settings, sound, make sure all options are turn up.. but all depends on your phone, not knowing that brand i'm just guessing

Adjusting Volumes
Touch
Home
> Apps >
Settings
> Sound > Volumes
Set
the
volume for music, video, games & other media or
the
ringtone and notification volume
independently.
Touch
OK
to save.
TIP:
When the handset is idle, touch the volume keys to adjust
the ring volume. When playing any
media press the volume keys
to adjust the media volume.
E
nable
S
ilent or
Vibrate
mode
in the following ways
:

Press and hold the
Power Key
and then touch
to
enable silent mode, touch
to enable
vibrate
mode, or
touch
to disable silent mode.

With no
media application
running press
the volume keys
to
control the
r
ing volume

Touch
Home
> Apps > Settings
> Sound > Silent mode
and touch
Off
Vibrate
or
Mute
Also enable Vibrate when
ringing from this menu.

You could be onto somthing there....bluetooth audio has a separate volume mixer..accesable while connected to a bluetooth device...could just be for bt audio streaming tho...

Yeah thanks guys...I did find the volume control setting and it allows me to switch from Bluetooth to handset, this is where I am having a problem....when I switch from 'bluetooth' to handset I can hear an incoming voice perfectly, if I switch back to Bluetooth I hear diddly...and yes, I have tried adjusting the volume....I have left a message on the Telstra website and am currently awaiting a speedy reply.....well, before Christmas will be nice anyway. Phone is a Telstra Dave, running Android 4.1 something...ohs its a good mobile....fully imported from China..:pissedoff:

Latest posts

Back