D40 engine problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qikfor

Reaction score
Hi all, I have noticed some issues with my D40 recently.
It started just after i put my ultra gauge in a fault code appeared it was P0403, which was EGR sticky. so I took this as a sign to blank off the EGR, but the problem is happens.

I notice it mainly on the highway, I will be cruising along and than the engine will splutter once or twice and than keep going as if nothing happened?

since the first fault code I have not had another fault code.

I also notice that when I use cruise control it will drop off
and
I also notice some times on random that the ultra gauge will droop the screen off.

When I was reading about the original fault code it did say about a low voltage could be the issue, I was thinking a low voltage could be the cause of all these problems.

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks
Browny

Checking the battery makes some sense but it could also be the ECU earth. Good chance that it's either of those, or even the earthing point on the engine block.

Thanks mate didn't think if the earths, the only reason I was thinking its a coltage issue is that sometimes I have a squealing bearing noise and it's not the a/c or the clutch so I was thinking it must be a suffed bearing in the alternator,

Thanks for that I will check it out later today

Browny

Checking the battery makes some sense but it could also be the ECU earth. Good chance that it's either of those, or even the earthing point on the engine block.

I have checked the engine block earth all seems ok. But I am not real sure where the ECU is can anyone point me in the right location?

Thanks
Browny

Back