How to remove auto gear shifter & faceplate/surround?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stocky

Reaction score
G'day guys,

New to forum, recently purchased a 2013 D40 ST and enjoying my new toy.

I've got a couple questions for the old-hands at interior work: how would I remove the automatic gear shifter knob, and how does the surround/faceplate (part with embossed P, R, N, D) come out?

Shortly after buying, I had the now-notorious D40 air con condenser drain issue (thanks to all on this forum who've made that info available!), and so carpet etc got a drenching just from hosing off the underbody after a muddy adventure. I pulled everything out and, while I was at it, had the centre console popped out to run some cabling for future accessories. Seeing the shifter and faceplate assembly got me wondering how you'd get it out, as the rest seemed quite straightforward. No doubt I'll be needing to do it sometime down the track, and I'm just the kinda guy who likes to know these things!

How-to posts (i.e. Techniques, locations of screws and hidden clips etc) from anyone who's done it or knows how would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Stocky.

Hi Stocky.

Not too sure about the new ST's but on my '08 ST-X there is a silver collar under the auto shifter hand piece. This just slides down with a bit of effort to reveal a horse-shoe style clip that pops out with a screw driver and the shifter knob pulls straight off. The gear selection faceplate is surrounded with a large rubber gromet that pulls out and replaces very easily.

Hope this helps and my apologies if my information is wrong for the newer versions.

Hi Stocky.

Not too sure about the new ST's but on my '08 ST-X there is a silver collar under the auto shifter hand piece. This just slides down with a bit of effort to reveal a horse-shoe style clip that pops out with a screw driver and the shifter knob pulls straight off. The gear selection faceplate is surrounded with a large rubber gromet that pulls out and replaces very easily.

Hope this helps and my apologies if my information is wrong for the newer versions.

Hello, I have a 2013 D40 and above is the same with my truck.

Back