08 yd25 power loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d22toy

Reaction score
well to start with I changed the timing chains and tensioners to get rid of the nasty startup rattle. After that massive job had pretty much no fuel so changed filter and bled system. Runs but no power up hills (even not all that steep ones) also was a bit smokey and engine light came on. Found I had a crack through centre of my exhaust manifold, replaced that.
Checked fault codes and only one coming up is cam/crank angle sensor. Which I had out to get at dump pipe bolts. couldn't find anything wrong with it or it's wiring so bought a new one. reset ecu and engine light still comes up and still runs terrible. any ideas anyone? or do I have to resort to taking to Nissan?

my engine has faults and currently engine power loss when engaging gear 1, 2. the codes displaying are 87 ECM 14 and 77P7 - Fuel. what does these codes mean and what should I do

how are you resetting ecu
did you get the alignment right when fitting chain?

Last edited:
Nissan told me timing chain too so spent my easter weekend pulling it apart again, then found that i'd busted my crank sensor on the flywheel.
replaced that had new ones on order cause apparently suppose to replace both at same time. ran brilliant with my spare sensor in and lasted a few days and melted a piston. also had leaky intercooler and had ordered an aftermarket one. so up for rebuild :(

Boost air escaping= overly rich= High EGT= melted piston, perhaps...

And or Timing to far advanced. When it's to far advanced the longer the piston and cylinder walls are exposed to the hot combusted gas and creates more heat to be absorbed thru the piston and cylinder walls. To far advanced and it will feel gutless down low.

Not good news no matter which way you look at it.

Latest posts

Back