front shackle pin - rear leafs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey there,
1/4 the way through a suspension upgrade - however i can't get the front shackle pins out from the old leaves at the back.....

Any tips????

2006 Navara st-r - putting in EFS full replacement 2 inch kit.

Much appreciated!!!!

Welcome to the forum, I haven't had the rear leaves out of mine but isn't there a plate on one side with a small bolt in it that has to be removed to get the front pin out of the spring?

hey thanks for the reply!!

yeah I have undone the nut at the rear of the pin, and the little bolt positioning the plate bit, but I cannot get the pin to slide out of the mounting, therefore I can't get the bloody leaf off!!!

I have tried hitting it, levering it, swearing at it, so I assume there must be a particular way of doing it. Surely I don't have to cut through the pin???

Thanks again!!

Tim

no don't cut it off, it just comes out and you will need it for the new leaves. have you taken all the pressure off the leaves, put the axle stands on the chassis rails and put a jack under the drum to hold it at the correct height. ONLY do 1 side at a time

get a bigger hammer and swear at it some more. That what all the senior mechanics said when i was doin my apprenticeship. and if that failed, ya f#$%^*d. lol

Well after two days of attempting to get these pins out, I am beaten!! It appears that the bushes have just fused onto the pins. No amount of swearing at them would budge them!

I got online and ordered two greasable pins from ironman suspension. Once these arrive I will show the pins who is boss!!! The suspension pack I got (EFS) contains greasable shackles for the rear, so I will be all loosey goosey now!!

Thanks for your replies and assistance guys!! Next challenge is the front torsion bars and shocks. Please let it be straight forward!!!!

Let us know how it all pans out & photos also if possible, I would be interested how you go with the torsion bars.

Cheers
STC

Have finally completed the lift!! The 9 inch grinder beat the shackle pins!!!
Have taken photos of the install and will try and get a write up done, was relatively straight forward.

Extremely impressed with the improvement over stock gear, have only done 200km so far though.

Glad I went for EFS Gear, looks like it will be great!!

Thanks for your help on this!!!

can you do measurements with tape under bottom of rim through to wheel arch on front and back? wanna compare to my dobinsons results cheers

cheers.. for reference i have 780 on rear and 760 front with my dobis but i went heavy duty springs on rear which probally sits it up a little higher. couldn't go higher on front ans i wanted to keep about 10mm with the stop. thanks for info.

Gday guys, I am having exactly the same problem here, all bolts have been removed, all the weight has been taken off the leaf and it can easily be moved around but the bloody pin wont budge!! Ive smashed it with a hammer but it wont budge. I cant get to a suspension shop as me navaras left rear is in bits! I really dont want to have to put it back together just so I can go for a drive. What a pain in the ass!

Anyone have any other tips?

Cheers guys,

Well I ended up cutting the fkn thing off with a 4 inch grinder and had to wait for my neighbour to get home so he could take me up to Coastal 4x4 to get a new set of front pins! Thanks guys!

So it ended up taking about 4 hours to get the left rear done but after a few burbons I am happy eith the result, it has lifted about 3.5 inches but I expect it so settle down a fair bit yet, the original leafs were rooted! Will tackle the rest tomorrow and should have some pics. My nav has 182k on the clock

My advise to anyone doing this would be to get some new greasable front pins with the kit! Potentially save a lot of hassle !

Wozenme : Sorry for the delay, the measurement you are after is 750mm on all four wheel arches.

Cheers
How u doin mate,i had the same problem with the pin and i cut it off with a 5 inch grinder,and i also got 750 mm all round with ironman 2 inch suspension lift...very happy with it..:rock:

i had to cut my right side pin out with an oxy cutter. when there was enough heat in the pin it melted the bush and allowed it to pull easily through. notice a wet towel to stop any fuel tank "incidents".

here is my mate doing the delicate work.
iphone_044.JPG

Back