Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Old 14-06-2018, 01:13 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2greedy View Post
Hi guy's issue fixed!

what it was, is when it went in to have head diagnosed they had to remove the glow plugs, well when the mechanic put them back in he slid the seals over the glow plugs and just tightened the seals down,

hence the glow pluges still had about another 15mm to be tightened down to seal.

Now once i checked and fixed his F!@#K up it now starts like a dream again and shuts down smoothly, hope this works for you guy's
You have got to be joking, some mechanics eh...sooo did you send him the bill for time and parts trying to find and fix HIS **** up ... take them to vcat or the civil courts, I'm sick of being ****ed over by shitty mechanics..
I got my money back from one smart arse diesel mechanic, the whole $1700... it's worth your time to bring these muts to question, it helps the next bloke too...

Wow, glad ya got it fixed! I'm searching for answers also regarding cps code.. so far about $1000 in parts and still no start, but the labour is my time.. sooo probably saved over $3000 in labour going by nissan and mechanic's prices..
How's the bloke being charged $600 to replace the cps! Ffs what swines! i picked up a genuine nissan cps from Dubia for $70 , sure i had to pull the radiator and fan blade to get to it but still only an hour to an hour and a halfs work...

How's everyone else going with this issue?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM

2005 navara str zd30ddt.

Yeah I think have the same problems. Hard to start, tacho flying all over the place, engine light on goes off after starting couple of times (warming up) till today which stayed on. I've changed glow plugs (online auto parts) new battery 810cca. Got lots of codes at first: 0407, 0208, 0403, 0905. I cleaned the map sensor (after cleaning binocular when I had it off doing glow plugs) was dirty so clean other sensor before air cleaner as well. Used spray for the egr etc thinking it was clogged and ran better. Fuel filter oil and filter air filter all changed same time. Took the big 9in kings off and put standard spotties on again as I think they were making the overheat code and drawing alot of power when load testing for the battery swap.

So only one code left 0407 crank pos sensor. I have ordered a new one then started reading threads and am having doubts now. It's hard to start have to try multiple times glowing and have heat button turned on, engine light is staying on tacho flying all over the place. After 5 or 6 starts it is like normal except for today even if I cleared code it would stay on next start up. So ute is parked until I can figure it out. So any help would be appreciated. Will check earths glow relay fuses etc in the morning.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:55 AM

And I forgot to say I changed the glow plugs because it was hard to start (no codes) if I didn't drive it much (couple of days or colder morning struggled to turn over but would start still) and then I changed the battery thinking old one no good low {only low in fluid}. Then it started throwing codes after that. Which let to the rest of the post.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Hey mate,

I recall someone having similar issues and vaguely recall replacing the starter motor sorted it out. I'm sure whoever fixed the issue will be along to comment also.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:30 PM

My Mood:
Garage

Yeah mate, that sounds familiar! I found that I was cranking for ages at times before it would go but once running no problems. The tacho bouncing up and down and crank angle sensor fault were my issue too. Turned out the dodgy started motor (still cranking hard and fast) was causing electrical interference to throw the fault. I had never noticed before the new starter that the tacho is normally stationary while cranking.
If the car is playing up after it has started then the CAS may be at fault. There is a thread on here about changing the starter but basically the easiest way is to take the front wheel off and go in through the guard. Hope this helps bud

Old 04-01-2019, 09:42 AM

Thanks guys. bods and boogieboots

Yes it was the starter motor full of old oil from when I had a injector seal leak (I think). Pulled it out, pull it apart and gave it a decent clean. Works better than it ever had before. 2 crank (so much faster now) and she fires up with no more codes. And the other prob was a vacuum hose had a small crack on the swirl mod so replaced hose. So all fixed and now have to try and return get money back for the crank angle sensor I ordered that's not needed LOL. Should be fun.