Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Old 27-10-2018, 10:20 PM

I'm not sure about other states, but I read in the paper that SA are going to start refusing rego renewal if you haven't had it done. Not sure that I agree with that approach. From what I can ascertain, some manufacturers are dragging their feet with replacement airbags?
Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Yeah, I know, I just did it again on this one https://ismyairbagsafe.com.au/?utm_s..._campaign=FCAI

It still comes up as my Ute being "not affected by the faulty airbag recall"

Feeling quite lucky really, as neither of our cars are affected. My luck usually runs the opposite way lol!
Kevin did yours have the black rear bar?
2013 D22,Toughdog 2"lift,ironman canopy,Nissan winch capable bullbar powder coated white now with Kingone[Mako avenger]winch,Hella 2000 spotlights,Power in tub,Uhf,& D P Chip.Tjm snorkel.Custom made power box[alum checkerplate box with Redarc 12v to 12 charger,optima batt]EGR mod.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 PM

No Hugh, they're the 2012 model made in Japan when the Thai factory was out of action because of a cyclone.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

my 2014 D-22 is on the list , just the inconvenience of getting this replacement done. wonder if its for both the wheel and glove box area bags or just the steering wheel bag that needs replacing.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:38 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
No Hugh, they're the 2012 model made in Japan when the Thai factory was out of action because of a cyclone.
Yes was just wondering if that was the reason.
2013 D22,Toughdog 2"lift,ironman canopy,Nissan winch capable bullbar powder coated white now with Kingone[Mako avenger]winch,Hella 2000 spotlights,Power in tub,Uhf,& D P Chip.Tjm snorkel.Custom made power box[alum checkerplate box with Redarc 12v to 12 charger,optima batt]EGR mod.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:39 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not sure about other states, but I read in the paper that SA are going to start refusing rego renewal if you haven't had it done. Not sure that I agree with that approach. From what I can ascertain, some manufacturers are dragging their feet with replacement airbags?
Qld is doing same.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:42 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonney View Post
my 2014 D-22 is on the list , just the inconvenience of getting this replacement done. wonder if its for both the wheel and glove box area bags or just the steering wheel bag that needs replacing.
Probably a good thing,but couldn't tell it had been done or not when I got car back after 2 hour wait.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Had my airbags replaced on Friday , only had to waite 45 minutes and all done. actually thanks to Nissan Australia for contacting me as i was putting this replacement off due to thinking about the waite at the dealers but they mentioned it only takes an hour to do.

Old 13-11-2018, 10:33 AM

My Mood:
Garage

My 2013 d22 was up for recall ..only the passenger side to be done..nissan contacted me by email
As for the class action ..are you f%^#^$&$& kidding me typical of todays society ..sue first then look at logic..what a joke...im sure nissan ,bmw,honda,chrysler,lexus,jeep,subaru,mazda,ford,f errari,gm,mercedes,tesla,jaguar,landrover,wv,skoda ,and hino all rang takata and said give us some dodgy products for cheap and we will set ourselves up for a mass law suit ,,cos we need some variety in our lives..are these people for real no body in their right mind could even find any logic in it..this would have all came around because of a few deaths,,,of which should nt have happened in the usa