My Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
Love my STR. :D

Got it new in early 05 and its done over 120k without any problems. Best vehicle I've owned.

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 13,997
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 469
Hey Laith

I will jump on board and say mine is similar, so I dont need to post mine up. :D

Looks good with the 33's, did it slow it down much ?

Or have you chipped it.

Dave.

Yes we have great taste Dave. ;)

The bigger tyres did slow it a bit on take off but honestly not much.

I trimmed the mudflaps quite a bit as it rubbed on full lock with a bit of flex. It doesn't rub anymore though.

No chip as yet but pretty sure I'll get one. Not sure which one to get as there are a few choices.

I'll need a new set of tyres in 15 or 20k and would like to get some more aggresive type over the all terrains even though I realy dont get to use it offroad as often as I like and do a lot of on road kays for work.

All terrains would be the sensible choice.

hey laith, does your 3inch exhaust sound loud or does it rumble
would you recomend?? improve preformance alot?

Howdy Patche.

I got 1 straight through muffler on it and it is hardly louder than the origional.

It does make quite a turbo wistle though but is definently not offensive.

I didnt replace my dump pipe off the turbo (which would be better) and still the difference in get up and go is great.

Turbo hits max boost 500rpm lower now. Does not lose as much speed up steep hills.

Highly recomend getting one. My 3" mandrel was custom made at a local exhaust shop for $500. You will pay more for a brand name unit but the quality is assured I guess.

I have read that a 2.5" mandrel system yeilds basicly the same results so start shopping aroud.

Got my Mickey Thompson MTZ's fitted today.

They are 285x75x16.

They are almost as quiet as the Cooper ATR's I had on previous. The Coopers had done 120k. Maybe a bit left in them too. Only when turning sharply do the MTZ's howl a bit.

They look good I recon. I was thinking about getting a set of 15" sunnies and the equivalent size in MTZ's but decided to keep the STR alloys on.

Attachments

• 19092009(006).jpg
    19092009(006).jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 19092009(007).jpg
    19092009(007).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 238
Looks good Laith, have to put my MTZ's back on soon for a run.

Running STandard size Cooper ST's at the moment as I was doing a fair bit of towing.

Whats next on the cards.

Dave.

Thanks Dave/Jason. Yeah I'm pretty pleased with them.
Not much else planned really. Just using it. Put a rear diff breather on it a few weekends ago. Got a few weekends away with the camper trailer planned and one or two of them have some water crossings so thought I better sort that out.

Nevyn: I got them from Fixitor in Wauchope. Ive done a bit of alarm work for them recently so done a bit of a barter deal.

I called them for a price and they were the cheapest. Only by a bit though.

They wouldnt fit any size other than standard unless I took the rims off and brought them in seperate to my Navara.

Damn those MTZ's look good! now im positively undecided on my next set.... MTZ's or replacement BFG's. real nice looking truck :victory:

My STR is gone. Got rid of it for a mildly decked out 105 series diesel Landcruiser.

The lack of back seat room was the main reason. Was a great vehicle none the less. Easliy the most reliable vehicle I'd ever owned.

Was a little sad to say the least.

Must have missed this post!
I was gonna post a thread asking what happened to Laith. Looks like he's gone to the dark side :(

Gday Laith,

Its Poida80, a new member, Mate I am thinks of putting on 285s on my d22, What suspension lift did you do. I am currently running 265s with not problems, just looking to go bigger. Thanks Peter.

From memory.

2 to 2.5 inch lift.

Trim the standard mud flaps.

Thats it.

I took the MTZ's off the D22 when I sold it and put them on my cruiser. Still got them on it. Well 3 of them at least. Not overly impressed with the MTZ's.

Latest posts

Back