Bonnet strut upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, would you please throw up a close up picture of the struts. I was gifted a set without instructions and have no idea where they go. Its no rocket science, I know but there proving tricky to find the right positioning

Not instructions but the pictures.
Pictures better than a thousand words in this instance.
I only needed to know how the brackets angled and to where.
After i seen the picture, wasn't even a 10 minute job.
Ill throw them up if you'd like

Not instructions but the pictures.
Pictures better than a thousand words in this instance.
I only needed to know how the brackets angled and to where.
After i seen the picture, wasn't even a 10 minute job.
Ill throw them up if you'd like
Yes if you got them.
Did you have to drill holes?

Lol,,I could do that! And i guess I'll have to do that! ;)

Yeah they need brackets.. I'm glad I couldn't get them to work as they were.. They sat right where I lean to work on it ;)

What do you think about this set up? Keeps them out of the way- but will they hold?

Attachments

• 20211214_150640.jpg
    20211214_150640.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
.. I'm glad I couldn't get them to work as they were.. They sat right where I lean to work on it ;)

What do you think about this set up? Keeps them out of the way- but will they hold?

Definetly the d22 and the d40 are different beasts but there's honestly no obstruction to access under the bonnet. The hood on the d40 was heavy - but glides up with a gentle help

Does your Nav have the stay at the front or to the side? Was thinken that the struts only have to take most of the weight the you slap up the rod.. kinda defeats the purpose of haven the help opening the bloody heavy thing tho, huh?

Oh I'd still keep the "post" lol I've had one come down before! Turned away to get something and slam! Nearly got me! Saved a finger and skull, just! Got me good, scared the shite out of me! Lol.. one minutes it's all quiet and bang! I think I did a little skip and jump too ;)

That was morning thought today actually,, setting the rams up at that hight I think.. keep he post for work days and the rams for water and oil checks at the servo eh..

So what do you think about position? Worst comes to worst I have to buy firmer heavier lifting struts.

on the d40 with the struts you need to remove the bonnent post so that the passenger side doesnt contact it when closing.. ( im 95% this is the truth, otherwise i just said bugger it and took it off anyways)

hahaha.. i slammed my hand in the bonnet a couple months back trying to save my favourite and very expensive torch i was using.. the lid started dropping and i realised it was in there.. went for the swift rescue.. catch 22 - if it wasnt there i wouldn't have reached in but im lucky it was because it stopped the bonnet from latching, meaning i could open it to retrieve my hand..:dizzy:

those little struts work pretty hard for there size.. they'll work in whatever application you need them for aslomg as you have the angles right.. you need to ensure there enough open/close remaining when both open and closed..
not enough either way and the dang lid wont close or open far enough..
if you bought the d40 one similar to my setup, i can take some measurements for the angles if you'd like

Ooooluckyyyy, I won't go into stories but it can be dangerous huh

ahhh bugger it, just one! Watched a bloke washing down a motor in a car with karo, runs out of Karo and uses petrol! The brush he was using had the metal heal on it and earthed out the starter! Woof! And I mean woof! Lost the car, could not get it out! Ran out of Extinguishers lol his family car! Gone! Big old Ford back in day, had the inch of grease and oil over evrything as they did..

Same bloke a few months later, doesnt take off "man bracelet, remember them lol !" and man bracelet earthed on starter as he's working.. Well,,, man bracelet is only silver plated tin plate and it welds itself to the post.. oh yeah nearly skins himself ripping his arm out and did it leave a burn... crazy! You wouldn't think it huh

Yeah I'll give it some thought... The fuel filter is going to make it a little tricky! I could be wasting my time but I've seen bigger hoods with that set up! OR that position.. I'll chase up some bracket and see if I can get the angle of the dangle right before I commit..

I should be right for measurements at the moment! It's more of where you can put them on the d22.. you can run them down the guard gutter but that means removing the rubber block that stops the hood vibrating from side to side... not big on that idea...

Another sleep ;)

Latest posts

Back