NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After following my new STX the other day I noticed that it was "crabbing", the rear was a little to the left, has anyone else seen this? I will see what the dealer has to say, I want it sorted.

Took it to Pedders the other day to check the alignment, it was out but they fixed it through loosening and tightening up the suspension and improving on the factory alignment, they said all new cars should be checked as many are not good from factory.

Took it to Pedders the other day to check the alignment, it was out but they fixed it through loosening and tightening up the suspension and improving on the factory alignment, they said all new cars should be checked as many are not good from factory.

My dealer did this as part of the PD.

I went and looked at one today, didn't drive. Was not impressed, they have taken a few basic things away from the D40 St..

Such as??

Honestly, it is well worth the drive.

Rear seat space is now useless as it is "stepped" instead of flat when you lift the seat. and those stupid cup holders on the floor.
You loose the tie down rails, even the STX doesn't have as many rails.
You loose climate control.
from what i see you loose the temp sensor
Oh and the air intake is in a retarded spot, though a snorkel will fix this.
There were some other annoyances but i cant remember them.

It is nice, but i don't think you should take a step back buying an equivalent model. I will still do my due diligence and take one for a drive, after all that is the most important part.

image.jpg
I will get a better photo when I get home.
Had mine for almost a day now. Filled it up Drove 74km last night the topped it and calculated 10.2/100 only had a hundred k's on it. Got a trade body on it so lots of wind drag. Still 10.2 better then 15 of the grand loaded up. It would do 10s unloaded.
Down at a mine site done another 189km feel it freeing up and the suspension getting better. Got the updated springs on the front with the ARB steel Bar.
Love the way it drives. Steers much the same as my old grand Cherokee 2011. Plenty power overtaking roadtrains.
Don't know what the fus is about the steering feels fine to me around small roundabouts and corners.

Last edited:
60k for a navara is over the top IMO. I brought a new 2010 St for 38k and my 2014 titanium for 43k. I think nissan will loose more sale with that sort of pricing

60k for a navara is over the top IMO. I brought a new 2010 St for 38k and my 2014 titanium for 43k. I think nissan will loose more sale with that sort of pricing

I got my Slate Grey ST-X 4x4 7sp, with towbar and hard tonneau cover for under 54.5k d/a. Full rrp would've been 63k, just need to find a motivated dealership!

Picked up my ST-X on Monday.

Ability to take hi-flow diesel nozzles - winning. Hated queuing up for normal diesel pumps with the previous car (diesel CX5).

Nissan, why you no central locking on tailgate? Hard cover locks with the central locking, but not the tailgate. Have to remove the key from the fob to lock manually. WTF. Nice oversight there.

Lack of temperature display - a little annoying. Pretty standard fare these days.

Same goes for a digital speed display - something that's a necessary requirement in Victoria!!!!!

When the motor is loaded up at low revs / low speed - that compound turbo whistle back through the airbox sounds mad (try it on a steep driveway with the driver's side window down).

Only thing that Nissan could have done better was reducing the level of steering input required to turn it - I know why it has a slow ratio rack, but that side affects could have been solved by electric assist, not hydraulic.

Thought i'd email Nissan Australia about the digital speed display - I think if enough owners get in contact with them, that it is something that they can implement in the next firmware release. Fingers crossed!

I like the car, which is why I bought it but some of the issues with it would have been easily resolved at not much extra cost. I am bewildered as to why they would re-design a car that has a very strong following with the possibility to be the leader of the pack but put very little effort into the finer things. It's these things that separate the men from the boys.
Nissan's R&D team might need a kick up the ass, but at the end of the day, the buyers are the ones who have the final say and the sales figures will reflect accordingly.

After now owning my truck for 10,000kms the issues that really bug me are;

• Steering Ratio!! Fark me it is annoying me more and more.
  • Temp guage - Been a number of times that family/friends have asked me what temp it is outside...
  • Central Locking Tailgate - this is a little annoying, but bearable.
  • storage on top of dash - I feel this needs a lid or something?

These are the biggest things that come to mind and annoy me.

Latest posts

Back