Got gas???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I went to see my GP and saw this truck in the carpark -

Patrol.jpg

I left a card under the wiper, saying that I would be interested in talking to him about his gas conversion. Haven't heard anything yet.

• Has anyone used LPG with Diesel??
  • Would this work with a TD27T?
  • What can I expect?
  • What would it cost?
  • Is it worth attempting?

I'd like to add it to this - http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=24622&page=12

:rock::tee::3gears:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...6VOGskxB7_49KLOyQ&sig2=4X88XvW8sNfmZajZF2rSfA

Yeah its a thing. LPG in conjunction with Diesel, (as opposed to dual fuel). Don't know much about it but apparently much better power, economy and cleaner burn. I was thinking about doing it at one stage but the outlay was a bit expensive, and big question marks hanging over what it does to combustion temps and exhaust valve life.

Hopefully someone else with a bit more insight can chime in?

yes he probably injects the LGP in the intake manifold for more power. some sites claim its 30% increase.

Interesting....

Thanks guys!

Extra power/torque is rarely a bad thing...

Replacing some of the diesel with gas (as some of the systems I have been looking at suggest they do, rather than just replacing some of the air with gas) will also reduce fuel costs a fair bit, if I am buying Diesel at $1.63 and gas at 76c

I'll keep researching...

The biggest thing you will find is the cost to fit it. They do help, there's no doubt about that, but could you justify $4k to fit the system?

You won't be able to set it up on a td27t to replace some diesel, being a mechanical injection, you can't do anything to reduce the amount of diesel being fed into the motor. The other thing is, when the gas runs out you are back to your current power, which is where prople come unstuck sometimes. You can advance the injection timing a bit, but then you may get diesel knock if the gas runs out or you have a problem with the system and can't feed gas in.

I do recall it having been mentioned a while ago on here and vaguely remembering that for cost vs benefit you'd be better off fitting a water/meth misting system to help with cooling the charge air. Good luck with whatever you come up with though.

Makes sense!

Thanks for that, Bods.

I work on a simple premise - If I learn about something, I work out whether it is useful for me or not. Something discounted is better than something not considered.

What you say is incredibly valid re the diesel pump. I hadn't considered that at all.
As for the running out - Yep, that makes sense, too.

A gallon more thinking and I should be in a position to make a decision.
Whatever THAT looks like...
:party:

Latest posts

Back