Fishing Phat Snaps!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont get me wrong, i love chasing trout and spent most of my younger years fishing for bream and snapper out of my local lake. But trying to stop a 15kg spaniard on light gear is pretty damn fun. Not to mention only cleaning one fish and having enough for a week:redcool:

If I had to eat fish for a week I'd stop fishing altogether. I've never eaten any of the large fish I've caught in deep water, most of them haven't even made it inside the boat.

My days of big fish are pretty much over anyway but that ok because I find it more fun jagging 55cm frogs out of the river or an 80cm salmon off the beach.

No need to apologise mate not much point in taking photos if your chasing whiting. I gave up fishing for kids fish when I was a kid.

Fishing for kids is illegal no matter how old you are and taking photos of it is just sick.

I find a lot of things out the hard way but it's not how one finds out about things it's whether they are smart enough to know when to stop such things.

Goddamn you must have big jars. KG's down here when we used to fish for them were 30-40cm

Hmmmm whatever!

I've caught my fair share of big fish back in the day and a lot of those were gummies and mulloway 30-50 lbs...in the surf...at night...

now i dont feel envious at all by some of the big fisk dickswinging and comments, cause fact is you boaties aint caught a big fish till you bag one outa the surf at night, hehee specially if its got teeth....boat fishing is no different than 'stealing' fish out of a trout farm pond.:rofl2::rofl2:

and I'm more than happy with my 'kids' fish......pfft.

Pulling a skate 4 foot across out of the surf in the middle of the night with 150 yards of line out in the water is fun too. I've had a good time catching marlin and salis up in FNQ but I've had just as much fun if not more fishing the 90 mile.

we generally fish to get a good feed, snapper and mackerel do well up here, but we also go whiting fishing of the islands cause they've lovely to eat.
saying that the feeling when a decent macky takes your line and drags it out is awesome

Last edited:
spanish mackerel and a couple of the snapper we caught last week.
IMAG0380.jpg

please excuse my ugly mug!
IMAG0377.jpg

fortesque a few weeks ago
298497_10151059433077233_16561650_n.jpg

first fish i caught as a pilbara local, bigger than my more recent effort
62187_452817652232_1237107_n.jpg

spanish mackerel and a couple of the snapper we caught last week.
IMAG0380.jpg

please excuse my ugly mug!
IMAG0377.jpg

fortesque a few weeks ago
298497_10151059433077233_16561650_n.jpg

first fish i caught as a pilbara local, bigger than my more recent effort
62187_452817652232_1237107_n.jpg

I think those doggies want that fish more than you...

Latest posts

Back