NP300 ST driving lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpoiderx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone wired up there own spotties to the ST with LED headlights. If someone can tell me where to pickup the high beam from and wire that to 86 (I thank) on the relay it would be a big help.

Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone wired up there own spotties to the ST with LED headlights. If someone can tell me where to pickup the high beam from and wire that to 86 (I thank) on the relay it would be a big help.

Thanks
Pull the plug off the back of the bulb holder, locate the 3 pins. Have someone in the cab turn the high beam on and off. With a multimeter - lead earthed probe the socket with the + lead and locate the active. The wire "may" be blue, I normally strip a bit back then solder in the lead to the relay.

Pull the plug off the back of the bulb holder, locate the 3 pins. Have someone in the cab turn the high beam on and off. With a multimeter - lead earthed probe the socket with the + lead and locate the active. The wire "may" be blue, I normally strip a bit back then solder in the lead to the relay.
Not in the np300. They have a negative switched light setup for some reason. Pretty sure the plug setup on the light is a hell of a lot different from the d22 and d40 too...

As mentioned above, buy the harness. Otherwise do a search as a few people have wires their own up too

Thank guys, yeah I know high beam is setup on the negative side for some reason. The harness I have is an IPF heavy duty. Looks like I will get the local auto electrician to finish the job off.
Cheers

Read on other forums at least two guys have their headlight module blown by auto electricians trying to wire up without the Nissan harness.

I bought the Nissan loom off eBay from a dealer last week, paid $137.. about 200 over the counter.. anyway put in it today, pretty straight forward up to the point of removing the plug off the back of the headlight.. anyone know which way it releases?

cheers

I think I have bought the same loom. It hasn't arrived yet. I am sure if you phone Blackburn Nissan (pretty sure that's who was selling them) they can help you over the phone. If you find out before mine arrives can you please post it up here. Cheers

Installed a light bar on the NP and the negative switching thing got me as well, i even bought a Narva loom that boasted easy plug and play for negative switching but it didn't work at all. However there is always a solution to the problem and this is how you switch it.

Battery Positive to Relay Pin 30 & Pin 85 (either bridging from Pin 30 or through another fused link) I put another Fused link from the battery as a fail safe.

Spotlight Positive to relay Pin 87

Head light High beam wire to Pin 86 via a switch in the cabin. This is done by splicing Pin 2 (red wire) from LHS headlight plug (this is the 7 pin plug) double check this wire is correct with a multimeter from pin 2 to pin 5(black) it should read 12v when headlight is on and 0v when high beam is on. Run this spliced wire through firewall to switch positive run another wire from switch negative back through fire wall to pin 86 on the relay.

Connect Spotlight negative to battery negative.

Here is a simple diagram that says it all.

DLDN.jpg

And thats it you only need to splice 1 wire on the headlight, thats where i went wrong since in positive switching world you will splice both positive and negative from the headlight back to the switch!!!

Hope this helps and saves hour of frustration. Otherwise the light bar looks awesome on the NP.

Latest posts

Back