Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep 3 inch in saying that but I have a lot of weight now on it! And I'm spoilt for choice as I only drive it on the weekends now as I drive a worked 6lt to work during the week so jumping in the nav is more of a patience game as aposed to speed it's well worth doing if u plan on useing them I would never go back I'll just keep working on it to make it better

Yep 3 inch in saying that but I have a lot of weight now on it! And I'm spoilt for choice as I only drive it on the weekends now as I drive a worked 6lt to work during the week so jumping in the nav is more of a patience game as aposed to speed it's well worth doing if u plan on useing them I would never go back I'll just keep working on it to make it better

Yeah think ill go for it, see how it rolls and go from there.

i have an 06 zd30 d22 navara with a 2" tough dog suspension lift and a 2" zordo body lift.

i put 33's on the other day. summit mud dogs 285/75/16x8 +20 offset. tyres stick out of the guards probably 40mm, they also rubbed on the standard plastic front bumper, i upgraded to an xrox bumper so they dont hit anymore.

had to grind the front guards with an angle grinder and smash em in with a hammer. easy job, but if your not confident most mechanics will do this if you fairly cheap.

edit_previewphp_zpsa7f45883.jpg

20130531151437_zps4f6eb5f8.jpg

These do look like a negative offset, I wildnt think a positive offset would look that deep?
Anyone run 15"? Thinking of doing 33-12.5-15 on a -20? Or even 33-10.5-15?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can answer this?

Spoke to a bloke today about 15" rims and was told that it has to be -22 to clear the calipers, and that at around 80-100km/h you get wheel wobble? Anyone experience this?

Cheers

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can answer this?

Spoke to a bloke today about 15" rims and was told that it has to be -22 to clear the calipers, and that at around 80-100km/h you get wheel wobble? Anyone experience this?

Cheers

Can't comment on the wobble but I can tell u that they will hang out and scub like all shit on that offset without some serious lift. I run 285/75/16s on a pos 20/8 wide 16 with a big lift mine sits at 102cm from the ground to the the bottom of the flare, and the bulge of the tyre only just hangs out but I had to do some major cutting and panel beating to make them work for me. 15s look sweet as all shit just have to question weather it would be worth the hassle. Not trying to talk u out of it maybe hit psyco up on here as I sure he runs that offset without 33s or in 15s but. Should still give u some inside as to how much they will hang out or could scub.if they hang out to much u could smash ya flares up under flex too if it flexes that much in the rear .thats just my 2 cents worth good luck with it

hello to all looking for some advice,i just installed the calmini ucas and added an extra spring in leaf pack,all good so far,however i want to get a set of rims other then the standard,i have on 265/75r16 hankook mud tires,i dont want to cut or bashed anything,just put on the new set of rims and drive,looking to just have the tire sit in line with the fender of the ute nothing more,can anyone offer the advice,thanks

hello to all looking for some advice,i just installed the calmini ucas and added an extra spring in leaf pack,all good so far,however i want to get a set of rims other then the standard,i have on 265/75r16 hankook mud tires,i dont want to cut or bashed anything,just put on the new set of rims and drive,looking to just have the tire sit in line with the fender of the ute nothing more,can anyone offer the advice,thanks
A 0 offset rim (16x7) will sit flush if thats what you are looking for, you may have to trim your mudflaps though there may be a little rubbing otherwise.

If you want to go bigger than that size, you will need a body lift. 2 inch body and 2 inch suspension lift will fit 33's. 285/75 16 from memory

Hello all.
Im asking this for a mate at work.
Will 33s fit on a 22 with just a 2"lift?
If so what else will need to be do e?

Also depends on the rims (offset) and the brand of tyre because theyre all slightly different.

I'm bemused by some of the replies in this thread. Some people are feeding others completely wrong information, and proving themselves as fools

The only difference between a 265/75r16 and 285/75r16 is the width of the tyre, which is 20mm greater in the 285 (265mm vs 285mm).

The difference in tyre height comes down to the aspect ratio, which is the "75". The aspect ratio is the relationship of the tyre wall to the tyres sectional width and is displayed in a percentage (75% of the tyre sectional width)

So when you reference 265 or 285 you are not actually talking about the tyre height, only the tyre width.
This dimension is more critical when considering the offset of the rim and working out how proud the tyre may be to the guards, this may also give an indication whether scrubbing of the inner guard will occur.

Another kicker is that the width of a tyre does have an influence in the overall height of a tyre with this formula. A 285/75 will be marginally taller than a 265/75 because of the 20mm difference between the tyre widths.

So in summary when looking at 285/75r16 this means that the tyre is 285mm wide. The aspect ratio is 75% of 285mm. Same formula applies to all tyres on any vehicle.

Here is the easiest way to work out the tyre height below, i'll use a 285/75r16 as the example.

285mm x 75% = 213.75mm (x2 for top and bottom walls) = 427.5mm.
427.5mm + 406.4mm (16" rim in mm is, 16 x 25.4mm = 406.4mm)
therefor 427.5 + 406.4 = 833.9mm
to convert back to inches go,
833.9mm / 25.4 (1") = 32.83", round up to a 33" tyre - easy peasy!

I cannot make this any easier to understand.

Please stop feeding people rubbish if you don't know what you're on about

I'm bemused by some of the replies in this thread. Some people are feeding others completely wrong information, and proving themselves as fools

The only difference between a 265/75r16 and 285/75r16 is the width of the tyre, which is 20mm greater in the 285 (265mm vs 285mm).

The difference in tyre height comes down to the aspect ratio, which is the "75". The aspect ratio is the relationship of the tyre wall to the tyres sectional width and is displayed in a percentage (75% of the tyre sectional width)

So when you reference 265 or 285 you are not actually talking about the tyre height, only the tyre width.
This dimension is more critical when considering the offset of the rim and working out how proud the tyre may be to the guards, this may also give an indication whether scrubbing of the inner guard will occur.

Another kicker is that the width of a tyre does have an influence in the overall height of a tyre with this formula. A 285/75 will be marginally taller than a 265/75 because of the 20mm difference between the tyre widths.

So in summary when looking at 285/75r16 this means that the tyre is 285mm wide. The aspect ratio is 75% of 285mm. Same formula applies to all tyres on any vehicle.

Here is the easiest way to work out the tyre height below, i'll use a 285/75r16 as the example.

285mm x 75% = 213.75mm (x2 for top and bottom walls) = 427.5mm.
427.5mm + 406.4mm (16" rim in mm is, 16 x 25.4mm = 406.4mm)
therefor 427.5 + 406.4 = 833.9mm
to convert back to inches go,
833.9mm / 25.4 (1") = 32.83", round up to a 33" tyre - easy peasy!

I cannot make this any easier to understand.

Please stop feeding people rubbish if you don't know what you're on about

:yeahright: Go and whack some 285's on the front of Big Blue and see how ya go, might end up looking a little foolish.:wristy::blasign:

Latest posts

Back