Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put on a set of 285/75R16 bfg km2 muddies on some king +20 8" rims, I have a calmini 3" lift kit, no body lift and only had to take a hammer to the guards a little bit, have tested the flex at full lock and no scrubbing.

Will put up pictures when i have a chance.

Brett

Okay so a quick one please people, For those who have put on 33's how are you finding the ute handling/getting up to speed ect?

I love it so far as it seems to take less revs to get to speed, she seems to drive a whole lot smoother and what not, BUT how far out has it put your speedo? I seem to do 92km's on my speedo and i am almost flogging cars doing 100km/hr and after quite a bit of driving im pretty sure speedo is out by 10k/hr, Will test on GPS when i have a chance.

Is there a way to get the speedo adjusted to match the bigger tires? And will this affect how quickly/slowly the truck racks up km's on the dash due to bigger tires?

Thanks in advance

Brett

You'll have to get your speedo re calibrated to get an accurate speed. Putting the 33's on will be so close to the right speed anyway, maybe 1 or 2 kms/h over.

All i've done to fit 33x12.5x17 cooper st's is +20 offset 17x8 king wheels, 38mm lifting blocks in rear, tough dog 2 inch shocks all round, wound up torsion bars to about 8mm from top bump stop and trimmed a little front mud flap with a stanly knife. Only has a little scrubbing on mud flap.

Hi all,

I am looking at getting 33 for my 2011 D22. I have a 2" suspetion lift kit. Was just woundering, will i have to do a body lift as well be for fitting them????

You wont have to if you get the the right offset for the wheels. But you will get scrubbing on the inner guard near the mudflap area.
Remove the mudflap and a bit of work and its fine.

A bit confused every one is mentioning positive offset rims is that because they don't make negative off in the kings or sunnys, or is it cos they won't clear the caliper, neg would save a bit of massaging would it not?

Hey guys. Everyone has had to modify the front guards, but what about the rear end? One of the guys who fitted 33's recently needed to mod the rear as well. He doesnt have a body lift as of yet?

Also, for the guys who go offroad a fair bit, is going to the trouble of fitting 33's worth it over 32's?

With having to cut guards, loss of power and body lifts, is it still worth it? (Extra clearance would be nice)

Considering 33"s but really dont want a body lift being in Vic.

Cheers Pete

Last edited:
Hey guys. Everyone has had to modify the front guards, but what about the rear end? One of the guys who fitted 33's recently needed to mod the rear as well. He doesnt have a body lift as of yet?

Also, for the guys who go offroad a fair bit, is going to the trouble of fitting 33's worth it over 32's?

With having to cut guards, loss of power and body lifts, is it still worth it? (Extra clearance would be nice)

Considering 33"s but really dont want a body lift being in Vic.

Cheers Pete

Depends on how much off roading you do and if your just touring or getting into the harder stuff. Having 33 's for over a year now, there is no way I'd get through some of the places I've been with 31 's. As long as you don't tow much 33's are the go.

Just bite the bullet and chop the guards!!!! Still cheaper then doing a body lift

Might test fit some 33's and see what exactly id have to do.

Depends on how much off roading you do and if your just touring or getting into the harder stuff. Having 33 's for over a year now, there is no way I'd get through some of the places I've been with 31 's. As long as you don't tow much 33's are the go.

I do a fair bit. Having mates with Patrols i tend to try harder tracks as well. So any extra clearance would be nice. Don't tow very often either. Will be getting a lokka soon also.

My only concern with a body lift and not being able to engineer it would be having an accident and not getting covered.

I wonder what the smallest body lift would work with 33's, 30mm maybe? Someone would have to be looking closely to notice a 30mm lift.

just go 50mm bl.

it doesn't look that noticeable height wise. you would be looking at the body mounts to see if they're sitting on blocks which will be just as obvious be it 30mm or 50mm, you're not going to miss body blocks if you look at them, the front ones and the tray blocks are easy to spot.

I used zordos kit. The blocks are black and very hard to spot. As for the tray ones some black rubber glued in the wheel well covers them nicely.

If you do a bit of wheeling then the extra 50mm is quite handy. I've lifted bullbar, fuel tank, sliders and rear bar to match bodylift. Keeps things tucked up higher than the chassis.

Here's some old pics to show what I mean about extending the rubber splash covers

P1080005.jpg

Rear

P1080003.jpg

Front

Last edited:
Cheers guys,

We have used one of the local vic engineers before through work, so might get in touch with him and see if he would sign off on it. Can only ask. If i cant get it signed off on for a decent price i may just stick with 32's. See what happens. Will need new tyres at the end of the year, so got a little time to research and think about it. 33's would be nice though.

I used zordos kit. The blocks are black and very hard to spot. As for the tray ones some black rubber glued in the wheel well covers them nicely.

If you do a bit of wheeling then the extra 50mm is quite handy. I've lifted bullbar, fuel tank, sliders and rear bar to match bodylift. Keeps things tucked up higher than the chassis.

Here's some old pics to show what I mean about extending the rubber splash covers

P1080005.jpg

Rear

P1080003.jpg

Front

what size tyres you have in the photos are they 32's?

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351343199.246543.jpg
285/75/16 2 inch body 2 inch suspension. Mudflap removed no guard massaging. Running 16x7 king steel +30. Perfect

Last edited:
I've just fitted BF Goodrich A/T's 285/75/16 to 16 x 8 dynamic steel rims with +20 offset.
Tyre's only just fit inside the flares. I removed the mudflaps and there is still some minor scrubbing on the inner guard on full lock.

I am currently running a 2" Ironman suspension lift and a 2" body lift from Zordo.

Latest posts

Back